Win a $100 Gift Card From American Express.
What would you do with 25,000 American Express Membership Reward miles? 50,000? 75,000? Over the next month I'll be participating in the '??My Life on Points'? Program sponsored by American Express and spending a little time dreaming up ways to spend miles well.
In order to experience the breadth and depth of possibilities available through the American Express Membership Rewards (MR) program, they've armed me with a grand total of 150,000 Membership Rewards points. I'm on a mission to scout out the best products and experiences available through the program.
Next week we'll share our picks at the 25,000 level. But before we jump in and start our wish list, it's time to extol the virtues of American Express Membership Rewards. I've been a member since 2000 when Ralph Lauren gave me a corporate card. I added a personal card in 2004 and haven't been without an "AmEx" since.
Why I prefer accumulating miles with American Express:
- I earn one point for virtually every dollar I spend.
- There is no limit to the number of points I can earn.
- Points have no expiration date.
How I can (and do) use my points:
Five Tips for the Perfect Pumpkin Patch Visit
It's that time of the year again...pumpkin patch time! While I love a nice Pumpkin Spice Latte as much as the next fall lovin' girl...for me, the season is all about spending time with my family...and hopefully that time is spent outside as much as possible. If you're headed out ...read more
Perfect for Fall Pumpkin Spice Dirt Bomb Recipe
Get your pumpkin spice fix with this tasty dirt bomb recipe. Unlike fried donuts, this recipe is a little lighter and, since no hot oil is involved, a lot less messy. These dirt bombs, or baked donuts, are irresistible cakey muffins that are spiked with nutmeg and ginger, and ...read more
Save Money at a Ski Swap
Are the slopes in your future? If you want to save money on ski gear, consider a ski swap. A swap is a great way to buy and sell used equipment. Most swaps consist of a variety of gear, from brand new to used skis and snowboards to skis; from poles to boots to bindings and ...read more
- Retail purchases and access to dining and entertainment events.
- Travel: via transferring points to my frequent flyer accounts or hotel guest programs.
- Redeeming points for gift cards or certificates.
Did you know you can rack up miles very quickly? In addition to earning points for virtually every dollar I spend, there are ways to add on even more miles. Mr. Momtrends and I use a card that gives us 3x the points on just about every flight we take--we're racking up huge miles for our next grand family vacation! Here are more ideas:
- Bonus Points Partners: Go to the Earn Points section of membershiprewards.com to explore opportunities to earn up to 10X points when you shop with select partners such as 1800flowers.com
- The Bonus Points Mall® Website: Go to bonuspointmall.com every time you shop online to earn 3X bonus points. I found brands like Target and Pottery Barn involved!
- Automatic Bill Pay: Pay your recurring bills through American Express to earn more points.
- Add an additional card to your account.
Win It: At the end of the month we will randomly select a reader comment from one of the four posts to receive a $100 AmEx Gift Card. To enter, What do you think should be included on my wish list? Take a look at the offerings at 25,000 points here and let me know what looks enticing!
CONTEST CLOSED> WINNER @SavvyMomNYC
For extra entries (3 extra entries for a total of 4):
1. Like Momtrends on Facebook
2. Follow @Momtrends on Twitter
3. Tweet this message '??My Life My Points: Find out about American Express Membership Rewards Giveaway on Momtrends http://bit.ly/gZM9nc'?³
Contest ends 5/15/11 at midnight EST. Contest open to US residents 18 and over. No purchase necessary. This is a sponsored post, but our opinions are completely our own. Momtrends encourages all readers to spend responsibly. Don't ever charge something you can't afford!