The Gifted Grasshopper a shopping site for book lovers now has a baby shower book registry. I adore this idea--rather that getting 100 onesies and burp clothes, you'll build a library. Here's how the registry works:
1. Sign up and purchase a Gifted Grasshopper Baby Book Registry ($24.99).
2. Upon registering, the Gifted Grasshopper will mail cards to the hostess to include with the shower invite. The cards will explain the book registry and encourage guests to donate a book to the new baby'??s library. Each book will include a tag with the name of the person who donated it.
3. The Gifted Grasshopper has a list of titles dedicated to the Baby Book Registry. When they are contacted to include a book, they will choose a book from the list in order to avoid any duplications.
4. They will ship the completed Baby Book collection to the hostess a week prior to the shower.
The $24.99 fee to register includes: one Gifted Grasshopper canvas tote bag, one book, two pairs of grasshopper glasses, a Griffen the Grasshopper reading buddy and shipping of the completed baby registry book collection to the shower location. So it's not really a fee--you are getting a ton for the money.
To celebrate the program, Gifted Grasshopper is giving away a registry and bag a $24.99 value. The winner can use this registry or give it to a friend. To enter, visit Gifted Grasshopper and check out the registry. Then come back here and tell me a book you'd add to your registry.
- For an extra entry, tweet this: @Momtrends Gifted Grasshopper Giveaway http://bit.ly/hV9tb.
- For an extra entry, blog about this contest and leave a comment with the link.
Be sure to add your contact email. Contest open to US residents ages 18 and over. Contest ends 7/31/09. Winner will be selected by random.org. Winners will be announced on a blog post. If winner fails to respond in three days a new winner will be chosen.