Who knew that there was a National Tequila Day (July 24th)? To celebrate everything tequila, we've rounded up five ways to Celebrate National Tequila Day.
1. Throw a Tequila Olympics party complete with a flaming margarita torch and games like bobbing for limes in a tub of margarita mix, a tequila worm dance contest, 'margarita pong' with tequila and limes, and shimmying under a limbo stick while holding a frosty margarita.
2. Stop by for your favorite tequila drink specials at your favorite Mexican establishment.
3. Mix up a batch of Chevys luscious fresh fruit margaritas to celebrate with America's favorite cocktail (see recipe below for the 1800 Watermelon Margarita!). Or try this super-simple margarita recipe here.
4. Sample some our our favorite guacamole recipes.
5. Choose five different types of tequila and host a blind-folded tequila taste test in classic shot glasses. Don't forget a palate cleanser of chips and salsa!
Chevys 1800 Watermelon Margarita Recipe (courtesy of Chevys Fresh Mex)
Ingredients: 1 1/4 oz. 1800 Silver Tequila, 3/4 oz. Agavero Orange, 1 oz. Sweet & Sour, 2 oz. Fresh Watermelon Puree
Build: Fill a shaker glass half way with cubed ice. Add all ingredients as listed. Hand shake vigorously 5 times. Pour entire contents into a 12 oz. old fashion glass. Garnish with a watermelon sugar rim and lime wheel, then serve cold!
For more ideas, please visit: http://www.chevys.com/
Momtrends was not paid for this post.