With Amazon Prime Day being today, we thought it would be a perfect time to poll some of our favorite influencers to see what their top summer book picks are. Hopefully we'll all have a chance to sit back and relax this summer right? What better way to chill than with a juicy read? Since I know many of you are probably putting in an Amazon order today to take advantage of those amazing deals, why not add a few new books to your shopping cart?
On a side note...The Shopping Mama is sharing their favorite deals all day on Facebook and Twitter, so make sure you head over there for some great recommendations! They're worth checking out for the Amazon device deals alone. We love our Amazon Fire Tablets, as well as their Kids Editions! Ok, back to the topic at hand...Let's talk about our top ten summer book picks!
1. All the Light We Cannot See...Nicole here at Team Momtrends loves this moving piece of historical fiction set in Germany and France against a World War II backdrop because it's a dramatic love story that will sweep you away to another place thanks to the author's gorgeous storytelling and attention to detail!
2. Lilac Girls...If you like historical fiction, Jessica Turner from The Mom Creative thinks you'll love this story that spans 30 years years starting at the brink of World War II and is told from three different perspectives - a French American Woman, a Polish woman who is imprisoned at Ravensbrück, the notorious Nazi concentration camp for women, and a German woman / doctor at the camp.
3. The Fringe Hours...Steering away from fiction for a moment, we also love this book from Jessica Turner which gives busy moms the tools they need to find more time in their day to do things they enjoy like reading.
4. The Swans of Fifth Avenue...Looking for a fun gossipy style read that's perfect for the beach or plane? Megan Yarmuth from Take Time for Style has you covered. This fascinating reimagining of New York City’s high society women in the 1950’s and their relationship with Truman Capote will not disappoint!
5. The Language of Flowers...Whitney Wingerd of Mommies with Style recommends you give this intense novel about a woman who spent her childhood in the foster care system and confront her past in order to find happiness a try!
6. The Ninth Life of Louis Drax....Mandy from Team Momtrends loves this take on the classic who-dunnit genre while adding a touch of fantasy and science fiction for good measure. If you're a fan of books with twists you don't see coming, you're going to want to pick this up!
The Best Ski Socks for Women
Warm feet make the ski day so much more fun. Investing in good ski socks can improve your time on snow. We're sharing our picks for the best ski socks for women. Decide on the thickness and compression you need and then stock up. The 10 Best Ski Socks for Women Check out our ...read more
10 Things to Do on Your Okemo Ski Vacation
This popular East Coast ski resort has been helping families create snowy fun with families for decades. A few years ago Vail Resorts bought the property and has continues to invest in the family-friendly fun. They focus on getting kids and outdoors - because ski moms know the ...read more
Plan a Family King Pine Ski Vacation
Some of my favorite travel memories involve being outdoors in the snow with my girls. We have the best time on the lifts telling stories and plotting our perfect runs (and the perfect hot cocoa break). I work hard to carve out vacation time with the kids--time to connect and make ...read more
7. I Let You Go...Speaking of thrillers with lots of twists, this is a blockbuster must read! I'm talking to you Gone Girl lovers! Who saw that twist coming? Not this girl! I'm always up for a book that will surprise me!
8. The Nest...Because you need to mix in some humor with your more intense reads. Everyone we know seems to be reading this book that's equal parts razon sharp wit and . warmth. After a long day with the kiddos, mama needs to laugh. Haha!
9. The Light Between Oceans...When I hear that a book is being made into a movie typically that means the book is worthy reading. This novel is no different. It's a great reminder that our choices have consequences and sometimes they change the lives of someone others!
10. Mom Boss...Ok, you won't actually be able to read this one since it's not out until September, but you can pre-order it now! If you've always wondered if you could make being both an entrepreneur and parent work wonder now more...You can and Mom Boss can show you how!
And here are some bonus picks from my friends in my favorite NYC moms group...because you can never have too many book recommendations!
Momtrends was not paid for this post. This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Momtrends and allow us to keep reporting on trends.