Next week I will be a panelist at the R Baby event "Priorities, Passions and Community." This will be a Live Webcast on March 5th sponsored by theR Baby Foundation. To prep for the event, I was treated to a media savvy lunch with a group of power moms. After the training lunch I did a bit more prep work and created a 10 point list. The public speaking tips are worthy of sharing:
- Power Bites: Think up a few great sound bites and try to work them in. Be quotable!
- Acknowledge the Group: As I will be part of a panel, it is important to listen with my body language and nodding to still participate even when I am not speaking.
- Practice: Try to get a few of the questions before you speak, and then practice your answers. No need to memorize, but do look polished. Remember this interview is your chance to share your story with viewers.
- Bullet Points: Write down a the points you want to get across. Don't read off a paragraph but do refer to your quick notes.
- Be Marketer: Use your company name or product name when making strong statements.
- Cut out the crutches: "Um" and "I think" and You know" we all use them, but they take away from the overall message.
- Remember Your Audience: Think about who is watching and why they would be interested in your answer, Try to inspire.
- Project Energy: Actively project a dynamic presence. Sit up, lean into the camera all while looking relaxed and comfortable.
- Hair and Makeup: TV lighting will wash out most people. Add a little color. Pull hair back so you don't fidget with it during taping.
- Outfits to avoid: Black and busy prints--but don't be afraid of a bold accessory or signature piece.
You never know what these appearance might lead to. So I intend to make the most of this opportunity to share my story. If you've got additional tip, please add them in a comment below.
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
R Baby Foundation is dedicated to ensuring that babies, including those in the first month of life suffering from viral infections and other infectious diseases, receive the highest quality of care and service through supporting life-saving pediatric training, education, research, treatment and equipment.
I was not paid to write this post. This post may not be used without written consent of the Editor.