This little one just made the major switch from an infant car-seat to a a big-girl convertible car seat. It was a transition that was over due. While she's pretty small for her age, she is 21 months old, so, yeah, it was about time. (Bye-bye hot-pink bucket seat!)
Obviously, as an on-the-go Mama, I liked the convenience of being able to easily transport her mid-nap into a travel-system stroller or carry her right into the house. Alas, we have a big road trip coming up, and I decided she was ready for the change.
I wanted a car seat that would grow with her--and so I was excited to try out the Graco Extend2Fit 3-in-1 car seat. It features an incredible three-position extension panel that provides five-inches of extra leg room. Yes, P is little now--so we don't need the extra space yet, but I love that I'll be able to keep her rear-facing for longer. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends children ride rear-facing until at least two years of age or until they have reached the maximum height and weight limits of their rear-facing car seats. I remember this being an issue with my son. He seemed uncomfortable and his legs looked squished well before he turned two--so this would have been an amazing option.
The Extend2Fit can be used rear facing for infants and toddlers from 4 to 50 pounds; it keeps forward-facing infants harnessed from 22 to 65 pounds. And the high-back belt positioning booster can be used from 30 to 100 pounds.
Here are some of the stand-out features:
- A fuss-free harness storage holds the buckle out of the way, making it easier to get baby in and our
- The Simply Safe system adjusts the height of the harness and headrest in one motion—without having to rethread the straps. There are 10 different positions, to make it ideally comfortable for a growing child.
- The steel reinforced frame provides strength and durability for up to 10 years of use.
- An easy-to-read level indication makes for hassle-free installation.
- The InRight Latch system makes it simple and effortless to attach and secure the car seat.
The Extend2Fit 3-in1 Car Seat is available at Babies are Us, $249.99.
This is not a sponsored post. We received a sample for review. All opinions are our own.