It's starting to transition to fall, and that means apple-picking season is upon us. Driving to the local orchard is one of our family's favorite fall traditions. We load up the car and head to Apple Annie's to spend a cool fall morning picking apples and tasting all the apple treats they serve up like apple pancakes, apple cider, and, of course, apple pie! We love their homemade apple cider and always come home with a jug or two. We've jazzed it up a bit for this hot apple cider cocktail. This drink is perfect for curling up by the fire with a good book, sipping your hot apple cider cocktail, and watching the leaves turn colors.
Related: Boozy salted caramel apple cocktail
The homemade vanilla whipped cream is optional but it's such a snap to whip up and adds another layer of deliciousness to our cocktail that I treat myself to it sometimes. It's kind of like a warm apple cider float.
Hot Apple Cider Cocktail
- Apple Cider
- heavy whipping cream
- cinnamon stick (optional)
Hot Apple Cider Directions
- First, in a small sauce pan, heat your apple cider (about 1 cup) with 1 shot of rum.
- Next, add in a dash of vanilla. Heat until it's hot, but not boiling.
- In a stand mixer mix together 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream and a small splash of vanilla.
- Beat until soft peaks form.
- Pour your hot apple cider into a mug and top with your vanilla whipped cream.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and enjoy!
I love how easy the recipe is. Once I have the apple cider I can whip up a small batch for myself and my husband at night after the kids are in bed.
MORE FALL RECIPES FROM MOMTRENDS
This is not a sponsored post.