March is National Craft Month. What better way to celebrate than with 31 crafts kids will enjoy doing? That's right, you could do a craft a day for the whole month if you wanted to.
Crafting is a fun way to bring people together and it's one of my favorite ways to spend time with my kids. We laugh, we talk, we share little details and we always have fun creating cute things together.
1. Floral Wreath. Want to feel fancy? Make a floral wreath loaded with ribbons. Head here for the instructions.
2. Kool Aid Slime / Growing a Jeweled Rose. I love that this is borax free, and what fun colors too!
3. Mermaid and Pirate Peg Dolls / An Idea on Tuesday. Stop! My daughter is going to die when I show her these! There are instructions on how to make pirates too.
4. Make a mermaid tail. Our easy DIY craft is a perfect way to encourage imagination.
5. Garden markers. This simple craft is a perfect way to add color to your veggie garden.
6. Alien Spaceships / Craft Project Ideas. My daughter did a variation of this at art camp 2 summers ago. I love that this one has a little alien inside!
7. Sharpie Dyed Shirt / Babble Dabble Do. I bet tweens will love this Sharpie tie-dyed craft.
8. Paper Campfire / Momtrends helps you bring the outdoors indoors with this toilet paper craft.
9. Coffee Filter Butterflies / Learn Create Love. We've made variations of these butterflies before and they are fun and cute! Little girls adore them!
10. Newspaper Kites / Living Well Spending Less. Craft in the morning, run off some energy in the afternoon with this newspaper kite.
11. DIY scratch art / mom trusted. Is anyone else's child in love with scratch art? This DIY scratch art looks simple and fun to make.
12. Plastic Bag Jumprope / A Childhood List. If your child can braid they can make this recycled plastic bag jump rope. How clever!
13. Sharpie Heart Mug / Messy Little Monster. Even little toddlers can make mugs for family and friends. I want a heart mug but different designs and/or letters would be fun!
14. Constellation Flashlight / Handmade Charlotte. How did I not think of this? This constellation flashlight would be fun on a cloudy rainy day or keep in mind for backyard camping fun! Great for space lovers.
15. No Sew Dragon Sock Puppet / My Little 3 and Me. Easy and cute sock puppet. Then they can put on a show for you!
16. Egg Carton Flowers / Itsy Bitsy Fun. Make some pretty flowers out of egg cartons. A great craft for Spring.
Mom Picks for Best Modern Wooden Play Gyms
Let's be honest: Most baby gyms look like a primary color explosion of yikesness. And yes, I owned one and found it an absolute lifesaver at that bewitching hour when every child under 1 starts crying right when you need to be cooking dinner. But whenever company arrived, I would ...read more
Inspiration and Games for a Candy Land Birthday Party
The girls had their hearts set in a colorful candy party inspired by the Candy Land board game. This party was such a blast to put together. A rainbow of colors, candy bar, and candy games! Candy Land Birthday Party Food and Drink Our party was in the afternoon, so for food we ...read more
Five Tips for the Perfect Pumpkin Patch Visit
It's that time of the year again...pumpkin patch time! While I love a nice Pumpkin Spice Latte as much as the next fall lovin' girl...for me, the season is all about spending time with my family...and hopefully that time is spent outside as much as possible. If you're headed out ...read more
17. Garden Gnome Craft Sticks / Skip to my Lou. It's time to start thinking of Spring and these cute garden gnomes can brighten up any pot.
18. Rainbow Suncatcher / Fireflies and Mudpies. These sun catchers will add a little color to any dreary day.
19. Paper Plate Dream Catcher / 4 Crazy Kings. Introduce a little bit of sewing in this dream catcher craft.
20. Braided T-shirt Bracelets / Hello Natural. These would be cute to make and give to friends!
21. Cardboard Boats / ikatbag. Kids will love to decorate and race their boats.
22. Gnome Terrarium / Momtrends shared a DIY video on how to make a living home for a gnome.
23. Monster Blow Painting / Pickle Bums. This painting craft looks like it would be a great patio activity when the weather is nice.
24. Bunting Tote Bag / Tots100. I really want to make this with my kids to be their library tote bag!
25. Abstract Canvas Art / Bright Star Kids. Stock up on canvases because I bet these are going to be a hit!
26. DIY Fairy House / Musing of A SAHM. Calling all fairy lovers!
27. Rainstick / The Imagination Tree. I've always wanted to make a rain stick. Pinning this one for later!
28. Paper Mache Piggy Bank / In The Little Red House. Egg cartons help make the feet and nose on this paper mache piggy bank! I love how cute this is.
29. Wooden Spoon Puppet / Skip to My Lou. Could these little spoon puppets be any sweeter?!
30. Homemade Bouncy Ball / My Frugal Adventures. This craft will definitely be a hit! I love that they made glitter bouncy balls too!
31. Recycled Rainbow Crayons It was so easy and such a fun and educational afternoon activity for us to do together.
Which craft will you pick to celebrate Craft Month? We'd love to know.
MORE KID-CENTRIC FUN FROM MOMTRENDS
Need more ideas on what to do with the kids? Be sure to follow our Activities to Do with the Kids board on Pinterest here.
The Momtrends was not compensated for this post.