We all have our beauty routines, but sometimes those methods aren't always correct. In fact, Dr. Brian Zelickson, Minneapolis-based dermatologist and creator of the new dermatologist-strength skincare line, MD Complete (http://mdcompleteskincare.com), commented that many people get the first—and very important—step in their beauty and anti-aging routine all wrong.
Check out Dr. Zelickson’s tips on cleansing your skin and you’ll be glowing in no time:
- Use a Cleanser Twice Daily? Use a cleanser just once daily. Cleansers can compromise the skin barrier function and deplete essential nutrients and hydration. Plus, over-washing skin can ramp-up skin’s oil production, leading to acne.
- Wash at night? Definitely. During the day the oils on your skin oxidize, which collects dirt and debris on cells from pollutants, bacteria, and viruses. Cleanse skin at night to remove these environmental toxins that can age your skin and contribute to acne.
- Wash in the a.m.? Yes, wash your skin in the morning, but avoid using a cleanser. Your skin typically remains pretty clean while you’re sleeping. So, it’s fine to save time and simply rinse with water in the morning.
- Hands or washcloth? If you have sensitive skin, use clean hands or a soft washcloth to avoid irritation. Oily complexion? Try a washcloth or brush to better clean the skin.
- Hot or cold water? Go for warm—both hot and cold H20 can be too harsh.
- Wipe dry or leave damp? After washing, gently pat skin dry and leave it slightly damp.
- Erase acne or reduce wrinkles? It’s your choice! To battle acne, try MD Complete Anti-Aging Restoring Cleanser ($16.99). To fight the signs of aging like wrinkles and dark spots, use MD Complete Skin Clearing Clarifying Cleanser ($16.99)
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
Momtrends was not paid for this post.