Love them or loathe them, selfies are sticking around this summer. Plus, the “no makeup” selfie trend continues. While our favorite famous faces might have good genes and a team of professionals to help them look flawless under any filter, check out these fun tips on how to achieve a glowing “no-makeup” selfie on behalf of Simple Skincare and celebrity makeup artist Gita Bass.
TIPS ON TAKING A MAKEUP-FREE SELFIE:
- Good lighting is key! Go near a window or a soft diffuse light and stay away from overhead lighting, especially if it's fluorescent!
- Always stick your jaw out a little like a turtle (trust me) – It will give you a defined jaw and prevents the dreaded double chin.
- If you need a flash, make sure to blot the t-zone to avoid looking greasy.
- When looking a little dark under the eyes, angle your face up and shoot from above – this will fill in the circles and give you great cheekbones.
IF YOU MUST WEAR MAKEUP, GITA RECOMMENDS:
- Keep it sneaky: a well applied tinted moisturizer or light foundation should be applied with a light hand, and blended with a damp beauty blender. Cellphone pics tend to bring out redness and imperfections, so a great concealer works wonders.
- For a rosy glow that looks natural, apply a bronzing powder where the sun naturally hits: cheekbones, forehead, nose and chin, and then layer a cream blush onto the apples of the cheeks. Blend well with your fingers by pressing the blush into your skin so there are no lines and it looks like your own flush.
- To make eyes pop, curl lashes and apply a very light coat of mascara. Make sure to brush through to eliminate any telltale clumps.
Additionally, a recent survey by Simple Skincare found that over a quarter (27%) of women in the top cities nationwide report that the longest they’ve gone without washing their face is at least two days! Glowing, healthy-looking skin should always be the first step in any selfie – whether wearing makeup or not. Start with a clean slate by using SimpleRadiance Cleansing Wipes, which have no harsh chemicals, no artificial perfumes or dyes that can upset skin, and containskin-loving ingredients and added vitamins.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.