If you're anything like me, you find yourself loving the celebrity looks that grace the red carpet during awards season and wishing you could create a similar look for yourself. I'm often inspired, beauty wise, by what I see on the red carpet and I'm particularly enamored with one of this season's big trends...glam, yet unstructured hair. This kind of look isn't necessarily something I would typically tackle on my own. So, I was excited to have the opportunity to sit down with a couple of pros at Blo Blow Dry Bar in Tampa. Stylist, Chloe, and owner, Cynthia, kindly offered to show me how to create my own Hollywood Inspired 'do.
1. First, if you're blow drying, divide your hair into four sections and clip up the top, sides and back. Sectioning cuts down on your dry time and makes the whole process much easier. Don't forget to use a heat protecting product. My stylist used Unite 7 Seconds on me. On a side note...all of the Unite products that she used on me smelled amazing. I even picked up a couple to take home as Blo is one of the few locations that carries the line!
2. Once your hair is dry, start with one of your separated sections and take a smaller section, wrap it around your iron and let it set for 20 sec before releasing the curl. My stylist taught me a great trick too...Start the curl at the top and wrap the hair around it with your other hand...Then when you release the iron, the curl will fall right out versus you having to drag the iron through it. And if you have hair that doesn't hold curl all that well, you can use spray each section with a bit of hair spray like Unite Go365 that lets you customize your hair spray's strength.
3. Next, pin the curl to your head. You can wrap it around two fingers to recreate the curl if need be and then pin. Continue on with this process until all your hair is curled and pinned up.
4. Relax...Do your makeup...Get dressed...Go about your business and let those curls cool down and set. The longer you leave the pins in, the better, if you want a style that will really hold!
5. Take out the pins and finger comb your hair...If you really want to get fancy, you can take a few of the pins, sweep your hair over to one side and secure. Say bye bye to pesky fly aways by smoothing your side swept style with a bit of Argan oil.
See how easy it is to recreate Oscars inspired hair? And the best part is, this is the kind of style that will last for days. As the curl falls out, you'll be left with luscious waves! If there's anything us busy mamas don't have a lot of, it's time, so a style that will go the distance is clutch...Am I right?
Momtrends was not paid for this post. Services were provided.