Yes! I see 70 degrees on the calendar. Finally time to wear shorts! I'm switching the closet over from winter fashion and making way for shorts and sandals. Switching over the closet is easy. Getting my beauty routine in shape takes a bit more thought.
I'm sharing my ‘Seasonal Switch’ guidelines. This is how I switch up my beauty routine when the warmer weather rolls in. Here's how I see the shift:
Let's walk through this.
1. First the legs. As you can see from my photo, I love shorts. Love 'em. That means getting my skin plenty of moisture. I just touched up my laser hair removal, so I don't have to shave very often, but I do have to keep the dry skin at bay. I've been getting my legs ready with Olay Sensitive Body Wash. It's unscented, dye-free and soap-free and leaves my legs looking healthy and fit.
2. Getting the hair ready. It's all about braids and pony tails. I've been scouring YouTube for fun hair tutorials, like this one Easy Braids
3. Prepping my feet. It's all about the flip flop. My heels are rough and ragged, so I'm doing a little DIY salt scrub beauty prep to get them ready and then keeping them soft with Olay Sensitive Body Wash. The moisturizer is the perfect thing to keep your toes sandal ready.
4. Watching out for the sun. All my lotions for face HAVE to have a SPF in them. It's the easiest way to cover my bases. Add a cute hat and I'm ready for a day in the sun.
5. Making an appointment for a keratin treatment. I give up blowouts in the summer so I can jump into the pool as much as humanly possible. But I don't let go of my hair routine completely. In May, I get a keratin treatment to prep my hair for summer and keep the frizz at bay.
How do you prep your beauty routine for summer?
Now there's a new body wash that gently cleanses sensitive skin and provides long-lasting moisture. Olay introduces Sensitive Body Wash, a soap-free, dye-free, and unscented formula that is as gentle to skin as water. Olay Sensitive Body Washcontains one jar of Olay moisturizers, and the creamy formula penetrates deeply to visibly relieve dry skin after five days.
Compensation was provided by Olay via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Olay