This post is sponsored by Chevrolet Traverse.
Now that my youngest has started preschool, I have two kids at two different schools, which means I spend even more time in my car than I used to...and I felt like it was my second home last year. Haha! So, with much of my day now spent chauffeuring my babies around, as well as running errands, attending events, I could go on and on...I need to be prepared for anything that comes my way. I stay ready by having a little survival kit stocked chock-full of mom must-haves that I keep right in my car.
I try to squeeze as much as I can into my day, as most of us busy mamas do, and sometimes that means I’m barely home at all, so I need to have some items on hand that help keep me refreshed and ready to face a long day. I never know when I’m going to have to run from school drop-off to an impromptu meeting, for example, and my survival kit ensures that I’m not caught off guard.
Here are my top ten mom survival kit must-haves!
1. Hand Sanitizer: I never leave home without it. I do NOT have time to be sick, so I wash my hands whenever I can and use hand sanitizer throughout the day to help ward off any germs that think they’re going to take me out of commission.
2. Wipes: My baby girl is potty trained now, but I find myself still keeping wipes in the car. From cleaning up spills to attacking a stain on my blouse, wipes have saved me more than once.
3. Snack Bars: Nobody likes a cranky mommy and this mommy gets cranky if she’s too hungry.
4. Tissues: Someone always seems to have a runny nose...including me. Haha!
5. Floss: One word...spinach. Don’t you dare eat it when you’re out for lunch unless you have floss on hand.
6. Lip Balm: Dry, flaky lips do not make a good impression. Just sayin’.
7. Bandages: Always be prepared for a boo-boo, whether it’s yours or your kiddo’s.
8. Hair band: I don’t think anybody has ever lost the amount of hair bands that I have, so extras are a must.
9. Nail File: Jagged edges drive me crazy. Enough said.
10. Body Spray: If I’ve been out and out about for a while, a spritz of this makes me feel fresh.
So, what are some of your on-the-go must-haves, lovelies? Do you keep a survival kit in your car too? Another must-have that doesn’t necessarily fit in a kit is Wi-Fi…I love being able to work right from my car while I’m waiting in the school pickup line. Hence, why I’m obsessed with the available 4G LTE Wi-Fi®* feature offered in the 2016 Chevrolet Traverse.
With spacious seating, ample cargo space and available safety and entertainment technologies, there’s no better vehicle to bring the family together than the Chevrolet Traverse.
* Requires a compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan. 4G LTE service available in select markets. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations.