This post is sponsored by Chevrolet Traverse.
Now that my youngest has started preschool, I have two kids at two different schools, which means I spend even more time in my car than I used to...and I felt like it was my second home last year. Haha! So, with much of my day now spent chauffeuring my babies around, as well as running errands, attending events, I could go on and on...I need to be prepared for anything that comes my way. I stay ready by having a little survival kit stocked chock-full of mom must-haves that I keep right in my car.
I try to squeeze as much as I can into my day, as most of us busy mamas do, and sometimes that means I’m barely home at all, so I need to have some items on hand that help keep me refreshed and ready to face a long day. I never know when I’m going to have to run from school drop-off to an impromptu meeting, for example, and my survival kit ensures that I’m not caught off guard.
Here are my top ten mom survival kit must-haves!
1. Hand Sanitizer: I never leave home without it. I do NOT have time to be sick, so I wash my hands whenever I can and use hand sanitizer throughout the day to help ward off any germs that think they’re going to take me out of commission.
2. Wipes: My baby girl is potty trained now, but I find myself still keeping wipes in the car. From cleaning up spills to attacking a stain on my blouse, wipes have saved me more than once.
3. Snack Bars: Nobody likes a cranky mommy and this mommy gets cranky if she’s too hungry.
4. Tissues: Someone always seems to have a runny nose...including me. Haha!
5. Floss: One word...spinach. Don’t you dare eat it when you’re out for lunch unless you have floss on hand.
How to Celebrate Adoptive Parents
I recently learned that a friend who had been patiently awaiting a child became a parent practically overnight. When I heard about this loving couple bringing home their first baby, it really got me thinking about how to celebrate adoptive parents. We have experience with ...read more
Spiked Apple Cider Pops
September in the South is, in my opinion, still summer. The eighties and nineties always prevail and make the traditional fall flavors that I crave so much slightly out of reach. As much as I want to relax and sip on some hot cider, at the moment, I still need something iced. ...read more
Japan Adventure Park Hyatt Hotel Niseko
Are you ready for an international ski adventure with your family? This new opened in January 2020, right before the big shutdown. The Park Hyatt hotel is located 2 hours northeast of the New Chitose airport in the northern island of Hokkaido. We arrived via flight from Tokyo to ...read more
6. Lip Balm: Dry, flaky lips do not make a good impression. Just sayin’.
7. Bandages: Always be prepared for a boo-boo, whether it’s yours or your kiddo’s.
8. Hair band: I don’t think anybody has ever lost the amount of hair bands that I have, so extras are a must.
9. Nail File: Jagged edges drive me crazy. Enough said.
10. Body Spray: If I’ve been out and out about for a while, a spritz of this makes me feel fresh.
So, what are some of your on-the-go must-haves, lovelies? Do you keep a survival kit in your car too? Another must-have that doesn’t necessarily fit in a kit is Wi-Fi…I love being able to work right from my car while I’m waiting in the school pickup line. Hence, why I’m obsessed with the available 4G LTE Wi-Fi®* feature offered in the 2016 Chevrolet Traverse.
With spacious seating, ample cargo space and available safety and entertainment technologies, there’s no better vehicle to bring the family together than the Chevrolet Traverse.
* Requires a compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan. 4G LTE service available in select markets. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations.