I've been going through a bit of a beauty rut lately. It's a rare occasion that I extend myself beyond concealer and lip balm. If I break out the mascara, chances are it's a pretty special occasion. Maybe it's the pregnancy that has me unmotivated in the makeup department. I just haven't been feeling particularly primed for primping. Or, it could be my non-stop schedule. I get the kids out the door for school, come home, hop on my computer to begin the work day and, before I know it, it's time to pick those rowdy rascals up... so much for a shower, let alone a bronzer application.
Still, as a woman, I always feel better when I've put in a little bit of effort. And I know my confidence increases when I present myself in a more polished way--even if I'm just going to the pick-up line.
That's why I'm trying to streamline a new routine for myself; one that takes no more than a few minutes or so using just five multipurpose products from Wander Beauty. The line, created by by entrepreneurial mom-of-two Divya Gugnani and jet-setting supermodel Lindsay Ellingson, was made to help downsize makeup bags.
1. Nude Illusion Liquid Foundation, $40: This weightless fluid foundation delivers buildable coverage with a natural finish. A couple of dabs does the job--and I just blend with my fingers.
2. Dualist Matte and Illuminating Concealer, $29: This dual-ended concealer features a full-coverage matte stick on one end and a lightweight illuminating liquid on the other. I love the way this one product can conceal blemishes and dark circles and give me a dewier look.
Skip the Crowds and Take Your Family Skiing in Waterville Valley
After a sizable snow storm over Martin Luther King weekend, there were plenty of lift lines and skiers heading to Vermont. Amazingly, most of them drove right past an awesome resort. I'm encouraging families to skip the crowds on the next winter holiday and take a family ski trip ...read more
Keeping your New Year's resolutions
The New Year is off to a fresh start, and many of us are committed to doing something or many things with more intention this year. But it's tough to stay on track. In fact, “Quitters Day”, which falls on January 14th this year, is the day when most people give up. How can you ...read more
Kids in the Kitchen: Mini Banana Waffle Pies With Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
School has started back for many (us included!), and today's Kid's in the Kitchen recipe makes for a perfect breakfast or after-school snack. We made ours for an after-school snack the other day and my second grader loved it. We call this recipe Mini Banana Waffle Pies With ...read more
3. On the Go Blush and Illuminator, $42: I swipe the pink side of this stick across my cheeks for a little pick-me-up and then use the illuminating side to highlight my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose, and under-brow area.
4. Unlashed Volume and Curl Mascara, $24: A few swipes of this mascara delivers volume, length and curl.
5. Play All Day Translucent Powder, $32: This puff is pre-filled with a silky soft translucent powder. I use it when I know I'm going to have a longer, more active day--and know that I need to set my makeup. I love the portability of this product--a quick little poof to the face and I can freshen up my look.
Now that you've streamlined your makeup routine, come check out our favorite affordable beauty and skincare finds from Trader Joe's.
This is not a sponsored post.