I've been going through a bit of a beauty rut lately. It's a rare occasion that I extend myself beyond concealer and lip balm. If I break out the mascara, chances are it's a pretty special occasion. Maybe it's the pregnancy that has me unmotivated in the makeup department. I just haven't been feeling particularly primed for primping. Or, it could be my non-stop schedule. I get the kids out the door for school, come home, hop on my computer to begin the work day and, before I know it, it's time to pick those rowdy rascals up... so much for a shower, let alone a bronzer application.
Still, as a woman, I always feel better when I've put in a little bit of effort. And I know my confidence increases when I present myself in a more polished way--even if I'm just going to the pick-up line.
That's why I'm trying to streamline a new routine for myself; one that takes no more than a few minutes or so using just five multipurpose products from Wander Beauty. The line, created by by entrepreneurial mom-of-two Divya Gugnani and jet-setting supermodel Lindsay Ellingson, was made to help downsize makeup bags.
1. Nude Illusion Liquid Foundation, $40: This weightless fluid foundation delivers buildable coverage with a natural finish. A couple of dabs does the job--and I just blend with my fingers.
2. Dualist Matte and Illuminating Concealer, $29: This dual-ended concealer features a full-coverage matte stick on one end and a lightweight illuminating liquid on the other. I love the way this one product can conceal blemishes and dark circles and give me a dewier look.
Ten Things You Can Do RIGHT NOW to get ready for ski season
I finally see snow in the forecast here in Vermont and that means ski season isn't too far away. Like all gear-intensive sports, you're going to need to do some pre-season work to make sure you're ready for the first snow day. And don't forget, skiing and riding also require ...read more
Cheesy Chicken Nacho Recipe
This week you're likely to let the kids indulge a bit on sweets. And guess what? More holidays are coming. The kids want sweets. Moms want the kids to eat well-balanced meals with plenty of nutrition. I rely on easy recipes that are ready in a flash with wholesome ingredients ...read more
Planning Snack Sized Fall Family Adventures
Fall is simply the best time of year for family adventures. When you live in New England, nature simply beckons you outdoors. Life was simpler when the girls were little, we had wide open calendars and outdoor adventures were easier to execute. But now with school plays, cross ...read more
3. On the Go Blush and Illuminator, $42: I swipe the pink side of this stick across my cheeks for a little pick-me-up and then use the illuminating side to highlight my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose, and under-brow area.
4. Unlashed Volume and Curl Mascara, $24: A few swipes of this mascara delivers volume, length and curl.
5. Play All Day Translucent Powder, $32: This puff is pre-filled with a silky soft translucent powder. I use it when I know I'm going to have a longer, more active day--and know that I need to set my makeup. I love the portability of this product--a quick little poof to the face and I can freshen up my look.
Now that you've streamlined your makeup routine, come check out our favorite affordable beauty and skincare finds from Trader Joe's.
This is not a sponsored post.