After 50 years, I've finally set my everyday (...and night!) makeup routine down and while there will always be room for change and fun looks to experiment with here and there, I'm excited that my beauty drawer is one I can finally rely on when my plans call for either a bronzy glow or a bright red lip. Check out my best makeup tips to get you from day to night.
The best part is while it might take a little extra effort, these products are great for building color and in most cases you won't even have to "start fresh" when you're quickly changing face from the work day to the night life. That being said, I do prefer to wash my face and start from the bottom up after long day out and on the go. Necessary? No. But I do think the product applies better when you're not adding too many layers on top of each other.
6 Ways to De-bloat After Thanksgiving
We love Thanksgiving but it does come with a feeling of being bloated and full for days. While it may be a day to indulge, but there are a few secrets to beat the unwanted bloat that comes with it. Check out these tips from Peak Performance trainer Jessi Kneeland before, during ...read more
Why Your Company Needs to Make a Gift Guide
Now is the time to HELP your community. Your people WANT to hear from you as they start to shop for the holidays. As creators, it's up to us to share ideas to help take the stress out of the season and to support the brands and businesses that we love. Taking all this into ...read more
The Best Black Friday Deals for Skiers and Riders
How's your shopping list going for the big shopping weekend? Black Friday and Cyber Monday are filling up my in box and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I've got to get a game plan, I'm only shopping for outdoor gear. I'm amassing a list for you all and hope you get outdoors ...read more
Makeup Tips to Take You From Day to Night
- Foundation: Choose a foundation that works both during the day and night. No need to invest in two different products. I prefer a full coverage foundation that serves almost as a primer for my powder, bronzer, and blush. If you can, do your best to get the best color match. If going for a drugstore favorite, make sure you're shopping when they accept returns for products that don't work out. If you're in a beauty store or at the beauty counter, let the experts on staff help you find the perfect match. Right now we're loving the IT cosmetics Foundation + skincare.
- Bronzer: I love wearing a little bit of bronzer at night. It adds a little warmth to my skin, especially since I'm quite fair. Again - it's a great change up from the day time look, especially in the winter months. I use the bronzer on my forehead, down the bridge of my nose, on my cheeks, and a little on my chin. I also tend to blend a little bit on my neck and across my collar bone to keep the color uniform. A little goes a long way and while it's great to have a summery glow in the winter, try not to overdue it. (If you really like that darker complexion all year long, try using a medium toned sunless tanner as a base the night before you have plans!)
- Blush: A medium pink blush is a great way to warm up your cheek bones during the daylight hours and when you're switching to the evening hours, a rich red is always a good idea. Try the Tarte cream blush.
- Eyeliner: For me, eyeliner during the day time is completely optional! I actually rarely wear it when I'm just running some quick errands but if the day calls for anything more exciting that daily chores, I might swipe a little subtle, brown eyeliner on just to help make my eyes appear a little brighter. Of course, save that rich black liner for the evening. Black eyeliner and I go way back and while I still use a traditional pencil now and again, I love a liquid pen. I think it goes on smoothly and lasts much longer. My current favorite is the Laura Geller liquid liner.
- Mascara: Oh, Mascara! All day - Every Day. It doesn't really matter what the occasion but one thing you'll know for sure is that I'll always be wearing mascara. Never leave home without it! I love Benefit's "They're Real" and while it's waterproof, I find it washes of quite easily with a gentle soap or make up remover. I also only wear the darkest black, no matter what I'm going or wearing I'm going. When make up is minimal, mascara keeps me from looking tired and as if I just rolled out of bed.
- Lips (Gloss and Stain): For the longest time, I only wore a little bit of Blistex when I was out each day but lately, I'm loving a slightly pink and glossy lip even when my daily plans don't get more exciting than car line. A subtle and sheer blush pink or even a nude are a great way to add just a touch of color to your lips. At night, definitely don't be afraid of reds! I used to tell myself, oh there's no way I could pull that off, but trust me - if I can do it, you can do it. It really is the best way to completely revamp and change your entire look when you're going out on a date with your husband or a fun night out with your girlfriends. I adored the signature Lique Gloss.
- Eyes: A few years ago, I spent hours on YouTube researching my favorite looks for the Urban Decay Naked Palette because it was so popular and all at the beauty experts insisted that it came with all the basic colors you could ever need. For me, they were right on the money and I have been a dedicated Naked Palette fan ever since. The best part about this collection is that each shade of shadow is a FULL pot so it's probably one of the best investments you can make when it comes to a variety of eyeshadows in one set. I've been using my last palette for the past 2 years and it still has a ton of life left. Above, I'm sharing the colors I use (religiously) for day and night. While I have my favorites, when I have a spare minute or two I love mixing and matching other shades to see what else I can come up with for both day and night!
Do you have your beauty routine down? What are you favorite products? Have you come to rely on? I would love for you share your all time favorites with me!
WANT MORE BEAUTY MVP'S FROM MOMTRENDS?
Use Pinterest to save your favorite beauty finds. Be sure to follow our Beauty board here.
This is not a sponsored post.