I'm a busy mom, and often times makeup takes a back seat to things like--oh, I don't know--babies and breakfast and nursery school drop-off and diaper changes... Most days, I'm amazed if I've managed to get makeup on my face at all. But when I do get primped and prepped, I want to make sure I'm taking the necessary precautions to keep my products clean and my skin, face, and eyes safe.
Related: Cleaning up your makeup habits
Here are five practical makeup tips for moms
- Know the Expiration Date: Whenever possible, I use a Sharpie marker to write the date I opened a product right on the package--that way, I won't forget when it's time to throw it in the garbage.
- Clean Brushes: Clean brushes between uses with a tissue or baby wipe. Use a makeup cleaning spray weekly; and do a deep cleansing every three months with baby shampoo or face wash.
- Sharpen Your Pencils: Keep the tips fresh and pointy--that will help avoid germ contamination and get rid of any jagged edges that can damage your eye.
- Don't Apply Makeup in a Moving Vehicle: This should be a given, but as busy moms we can be guilty of multitasking. Seriously though, you never know when your taxi/bus/train will hit an unexpected bump. (You don't want to be curling your eyelashes when that happens!)
- Remove Makeup Each Night: Avoid raccoon eyes! Sometimes I'm exhausted and want to go straight to bed with a full face of makeup, but then I gather my willpower and give my skin a gentle cleansing. Egyptian Magic (available in Wholefoods stores) is a natural product that works wonders, and gets rid of makeup in a snap.
The Ten Best Wooden Play Kitchens For Kids
Cooking is a timeless fascination for children. This type of play goes beyond gender and teaches kids loads of life skills along the way. An investment in a play kitchen is money well spent, as it can provide hours of entertainment. We've rounded up the ten best wooden play ...read more
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
MORE BEAUTY FROM MOMTRENDS?
- Complexion Solutions for Stressed-Out Skin
- DIY Spa Day: Facial Masks You Can Make At Home
- Tips for avoiding breakouts
Use Pinterest to save your favorite beauty finds. Be sure to follow our Beauty board here.
This post is not sponsored. All opinions are our own.