As we are getting closer to a new year, we are thinking about resolutions and how to start fresh. Here are some of our favorite ways to start fresh. It could be as simple as getting out of your hair and makeup rut, or as big as totally transforming your skin. Here are some of our favorite new products to help you with your beauty change in as little as an hour, a week or a month.
Related: Moisturization tips for radiant skin
Five ways to freshen up your beauty routine
- Whiten Your Teeth with Glo Teeth Whitening Kit: nothing ages your smiled like dull teeth. The GLO Heat and LED Light Whitening Mouthpiece is the only at-home teeth whitening device to use patented heat and light technology for faster results without pain. It works in fast, eight-minute applications to whiten the look of your teeth up to five shades or more, while the appearance of stains is removed. It connects wirelessly to the GLO Whitening App so you can schedule treatments, get reminders, track progress, and more. This FDA-registered device was invented by a dentist and trusted by thousands of dental practices, and it is safe for crowns, bridges, and veneers. Price: $119, available at Sephora.com
- Cover Your Grays: Start the new year with fresh color. With Natural Instincts you'll get rich color and a boost of shine. It's gentle on your hair and perfect for all hair types. This no-drip creme formula blends away grays and lasts up to 28 washes. Available in 37 natural shades, so you can find the black, brunette, blonde, or red hue that's totally you. Price: $20 for a pack of three; Available at amazon here.
- Freshen Up Your Skin: A patented two-step anti-aging AHA/BHA peel pad pre-dosed with five acids to visibly reduce dullness and uneven texture, pores, and dark spots. For aging skin this is a dreamy product with no down time. $88 on Sephora.com for 30 treatments
- Better Longer Lashes: This one one of my best fashion investments of late. It works at night and has me ready to ditch mascara altogether. I apply the Babelash serum every night directly to my lash line on clean, dry skin. One dip of the wand is enough serum for both eyes. Avoid touching your eyes until serum has dried. When you’re satisfied with the results, continue to apply serum 2-3 times per week to maintain lashes. Get lush, longer looking lashes over time with award-winning Essential Serum. I saw results in about a month. $65 for 2mL.
- Switch Your Cleanser: I made the transition to an oil based cleanser a few years back and it was terrific. My skin was getting dry and this was a great solution. Even better, this is a multitasking tool. The Maelove Cleanser is a two-in-one makeup remover and face cleanser duo. An expertly balanced formula melts away impurities, even waterproof makeup, leaving behind silky soft skin. And unlike other oil cleansers, The Day Eraser leaves no oily film behind, and it won't clog your pores. $18.95 on Maelove here.
Embracing Summer Palazzo Pants
Summer is here and I love styling looks that are playful, that's why I'm embracing summer palazzo pants. I took them on a recent trip to Marseille and they were an absolute hit in France. Related: Making money with The Real Real Consignment And since I'm a word geek (an amateur ...read more
What You Need to Know About Plan B
Having children is one of the greatest joys in our lives. As a woman, it's our right and privilege to decide when and how we grow our families. There are numerous options for birth control but sometimes accidents happen and birth control fails. That's where Plan B comes in. It's ...read more
How to Efficiently and Effectively Clean Your Baby's Car Seat
If you're a first time parent, take note -- that new car seat you just spent $250 on, it's going to real messy, real fast. Baby poop, puke, urine, milk, and eventually snacks will coat that upholstered puppy in all the gunk. And while taking it apart, and cleaning every inch ...read more
MORE BEAUTY FROM MOMTRENDS?
- Complexion Solutions for Stressed-Out Skin
- DIY Spa Day: Facial Masks You Can Make At Home
- Tips for avoiding breakouts
Use Pinterest to save your favorite beauty finds. Be sure to follow our Beauty board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.