You may have decked your halls, but are your skin and hair ready for the holidays? We've rounded up some of our favorite beauty products to get you winter ready from head-to-toe. And it doesn't hurt that they also make great gift ideas to treat yourself to too. You've been good this year, right?
T3 Whirl Trio - Would you dare to post a picture of your hair tools drawer? We're not too proud of ours. But what's a girl to do when she needs a blow dryer, a straightener and at least three different curling iron sizes? T3 has come to the rescue again with another smart innovation - the T3 Whirl Trio. This curling rod comes with a base and three different interchangeable rods to let you achieve lots of different holiday hair options with one tool!
Powered by proprietary T3 Tourmaline® + digital SinglePass™ Technology with five heat settings, the Whirl Trio makes getting beachy waves, a perfect spiral or full-bodied volume easy. The set comes with three barrels - a 1", a 1.5" and a tapered. The barrels are a breeze to use, easy to switch out and take up so much less room.
Tria Age-Defying Laser Essentials Kit - Winter is the perfect time to do some serious skin maintenance. You're out of the sun and have all that time cozying up on the couch by the fire catching up on your favorite shows. Might as well use that time to zap some wrinkles, right?
The Tria Age-Defying Laser is one in a growing line of at-home services you once were only able to get at the dermatologist's office. The laser uses the same technology as professional in-office treatments known as “fractional non-ablative laser treatments” to work below the skin’s surface to accelerate collagen and elastin production for younger, clearer and more radiant skin.
Be sure that there is a compromise - with the Tria Age-Defying laser you get results that are more affordable and can be done on your own schedule, but because the laser isn't as strong as your derms, it will take longer to see results. So consistency is key. Also, you are zapping your skin with a laser. There are three levels you work up to, but this is not the same as slathering on an anti-age lotion. You will experience a stinging sensation and redness after the treatment. A small price to pay though for getting rid of wrinkles. Tria recommends using the Age-Defying Laser 5 days a week for 12 weeks which means if you score one this December you can look visibly younger by the middle of spring. A holiday miracle. Available at Sephora and Amazon.
REN Clean Skincare - Late nights present wrapping, a few extra party cocktails, and stressing about family get-togethers can do a number on our skin. This December, we’re looking to add a bit more radiance back to our holiday skin with the Radiance Range from REN Clean Skincare.
REN products all center around three main principles:
- Performance: REN gives you groundbreaking product formulation, the latest hi-tech actives, rigorous product testing and clinically proven results.
- Purity: REN uses only 100% plant and mineral derived actives and is free from skin-unfriendly synthetic ingredients .
- Pleasure: We believe that the texture, fragrance and experience of using REN can make the world a slightly nicer place to be and make us feel slightly nicer being here.
The Radiance Range includes five products that can be used separately but have also been designed to work together.
- Micro Polish Cleanser - A two in one formula that deeply cleanses and gently exfoliates the skin to leave it looking purified, renewed and radiant.
- Satin Perfection BB Cream Sunscreen - A silicone free BB cream that leaves the skin looking flawless, even toned and luminous with a perfect non-oily, satin finish.
- Resurfacing AHA Concentrate - A concentrate formulated to resurface the skin and renew the complexion giving a radiant, youthful glow.
- Radiance Perfection Serum - A multi-active serum formulated to reboot the skin’s energy cycle, visibly perfect skin tone and leave skin looking energized, radiant and luminous.
- Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask - A potent bio active peel mask designed to renew the complexion, reduce the appearance of fine lines and dramatically improve skin tone.
We started with the Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask a few months ago after seeing some glowing reviews on Sephora. Now, it’s not just the reviews that are glowing. This mask single-handedly gave us clearer, more radiant skin. We’re not surprised it won as Best for Instant Brightening in Martha Stewart Weddings Big-Day Beauty Awards 2012.
We’ve also been trying the Resurfacing AHA Concentrate and the Radiance Perfection Serum. At night we’ve been applying the concentrate that combines glycolic, lactic, citric and tartaric acids (from pineapple, passion fruit, lemon and grape extracts, respectively) to exfoliate and decongest our skin. Night and morning, we follow with the Perfection Serum that includes bio-active ingredients from licorice, olivine, Mexican papaya, wild Canadian rumex and others to help our skin look more toned, plump and luminous. Now, thanks to REN, it’s not just our holiday décor that is merry and bright. Available at Sephora.
Glo-Science Teeth Whitening Kit- We love a white Christmas, but it would also be nice to have a white smile to go along with it. Too many coffee-fueled mornings and red-wine nights can leave your teeth dingy come December. Fortunately, GLO-Science gives us a quick and easy way to get a glowing smile.
Unlike other whitening systems, GLO-Science uses their patented G.L.O. (Guided Light Optic) technology, that combines heat and light built into a unique closed-system mouthpiece that speeds up the whitening process without sensitivity!
Here's how it works:
Apply the GLO lip care to your lips and a thin layer of the G-Vial gel to the front of your teeth. (Note: One G-Vial is enough for all four 8 minute back-to-back applications)
Put in mouthpiece and turn the Control on. You'll complete four 8-minute treatments one right after the other. We love the convenient neck lanyard to hold the Control base hands-free letting us whitening while doing dishes, folding laundry or, ahem, writing a post. Between treatments, you'll spit, rinse, reapply the gel and repeat.
There are a variety of different GLO kits to choose from but we love this one that comes with a mouthpiece and case, 5 G-Vial (up to 20 applications), GLO lip care, GLO USB charger and a compact hard case making it perfect for holiday travels. Available at Sephora and Amazon.
Clarisonic Pedi - Despite the fact that we'd love to have an endless supply of money to spend on beauty treatments, we have to make choices. And sometime that means a DIY pedi so we can splurge on beauty services we really can't do ourselves - like that full-body massage. While your feet may not be on display as much in winter that doesn't mean you can ignore them until spring. Keep your toes in tip-top shape with a home pedicure with the help of a Clarisonic Pedi.
Similar to their well-known facial brushes, the Pedi uses patented sonic frequency that oscillates back and forth at more than 300 movements per second to slough off dead skin, dry patches and callous. The Pedi comes with the handheld device and five products and accessories:
- a Pedi Smoothing Disc to smooth and soften dull, rough foot skin and
- a Pedi Wet/Dry Brush Head that exfoliates and buffs. The set also comes with
- a Pedi-Buff, a cleanser with a triple-kick exfoliating blend of lactic acid, apricot seed and a tri-fruit complex
- Pedi-Boost - a specially designed foot peel combining lactic and glycolic acid to exfoliate and soften skin
- Pedi-Balm - a moisturizing balm that contains shea butter, honey and apricot oil to soften, hydrate and protect feet - without making them greasy
After our first treatment, our feet were noticeable softer and after a full week, rough patches and heel cracks were non-existent. The holidays can be crazy, but this year, don't forget to treat your feet. Available at Sephora or Clarisonic.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. Some samples were received. This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Momtrends and allow us to keep reporting on trends.