Avon has been getting a ton of buzz lately. They were all over the red carpet at the Emmy's, and last week they got to make Jessica Alba even more beautiful (if that is possible) son Fridays red carpet at the 2013 ALMA Awards.
The ALMA awards celebrate talent in the Latino community. This years NCLR ALMA Awards were shown on MSNBC, highlighting the very best American Latino contributions to music, television, and film, in the fall of 2013. During the one-hour special Jessica presented her Machete director, Robert Rodriguez, with the "Anthony Quinn Award for Industry Excellence."
Avon's Global Celebrity Makeup Artist Lauren Andersen gave Jessica a subtly and sexy look that went perfect with her beachy/wavy hair. Here, Lauren breaks down each step to achieve Jessicas natural-looking makeup using Avon products:
1.Jessica's brows were groomed with Votre Vu Brow Wax.
2. Add Koh Gen Do Foundation and Laura Mercier concealer were applied.
3. On the eyes, Lauren used Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Mocha Latte. The #2 shade of the quad was dusted across the lid and then the dark brown shades were added through the crease.
4. Lauren lined the eyes across the lash with Avon SUPERShock Gel Eye Liner in Intense Brown and then then Mega Effects Mascara was painted on lashes for a voluminous, flirty look.
5. Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Molten Mocha was applied to the apples of Jessica's cheeks.
6. To add emphasis to the cheeks, Lorac TANtalizer Highlighter and Matte Bronzer Duo was used to contour and Hourglass Radiant Light Powder was placed on top to brighten.
7. The look was finished with a lip liner and Avon Ultra Color Lipstick in Cashmere.
True Color Eyeshadow Quad Mocha LatteSuperShock Intense BrownIdeal Luminous Blush Molten Mocha62677-Mega-originalUltra Color Lipstick Cashmere.
And in other news, I tested out the new Urban Splatter nail polish today in NYC. We've had balmy weather (in the 80s!) so I put on some sandals and got a pedi. The sparkly, textured polish was so cool. It's sheer, yet textured and amazing. Try it with your fall looks. I'm wearing Blue Vandalism ($6)--which we of course don't encourage anywhere but on your nails.
You can find everything from your local Avon rep OR on Avon.com
I'm a proud Avon Blog Ambassador and I am sponsored to cover all the trends. I get the beauty scoop from Avon to report to you. #lovemyjob