Do you remember your first time shaving?
Mine wasn’t pretty. I snuck my dad’s razor and shaved my legs dry. It wasn’t pretty. Get your daughter ready for this rite of passage with the right tools and a quick education. We've got five tips to help you navigate your daughter's first leg shave.
I’m trying things differently. I have an open dialogue with my girls about personal care and that includes shaving. The right tools and a healthy open dialogue makes shaving easy, and dare I say FUN. Ready to get started? Here are my five “mom tips” for first time shavers
We Found the Best Dollhouses for Your Kids
I still remember the Christmas my parents brought out The Dollhouse. Mine was all wood, constructed from a kit my parents are bought and painstakingly put together. It was plain and unadorned, but in that house, I brought to life all kind of stories and sagas. Want to give your ...read more
Home Edit You Need a Bar Cart
We made it!Yes kids, we made it through the first holiday of the holiday season. Technically yes, Halloween is a holiday but it's not one of the BIG holidays. In my household, Halloween usually entails sitting around with a bottle of wine, shooing teenagers with pillowcase candy ...read more
Crafting with Kids: Spookley the Square Pumpkin
One of our favorite fall traditions is to have family movie/craft night. Spookley the Square Pumpkin is not only the perfect movie for the holiday season, but it also has an important anti-bullying message. In a world where the only good pumpkins are round pumpkins, Spookley the ...read more
- Talk it through! Let your daughter know you support her and are there to help. It might even help to do a little demo before you start.
- Get the right tools. Use a razor like Schick Intuition that is easy to grip and made for female parts and curves to help minimize nicks and cuts.
- Never shave dry! You'll either need shaving cream or oil or a better razor. A smart razor like Schick Intuition that has a built-in skin conditioning solid (just add water and shave - no need for shave gel!) for a comfortable and smooth shave. It lathers and shaves in one easy step.
- Use a stool or tub edge. As a newbie, it’s nearly impossible to balance and shave at the same time. Have an easy spot to prop the leg up to shave.
- Don’t rush! Make sure the first experience is a fun, low-key event. If your daughter is shaving for a big event or trip, don’t wait until the night before.
With a good attitude and the right razor you’ll be ready to take on this right of passage. Get your Schick First Time Razor pack here.
MORE Resources for Moms of tweens FROM MOMTRENDS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite beauty finds. Be sure to follow our Parents of Teens and Tweens board here.