With fall comes a change in our skin care routine. If you have acne this can mean that your already sensitive skin is dealing with more changes as the weather temps drop. We've discovered some of our favorite products that may help you during this time and offer solutions for your skin type.
1. Elemis FreshSkin Skin Clear Overnight Serum: Using slow-release salicylic acid this serum helps minimize breakouts and improve overall skin clarity by de-clogging and tightening pores and by reducing any swelling and redness. Renovhyal firms the skin and maintains optimal hydration while antioxidants like vitamins C & E aid in post-blemish skin repair.
2. Oxy: For over-the-counter relief from acne, we love the OXY® Maximum Action line. Formulated with Benzoyl Peroxide, this line includes the OXY® Maximum Action Advanced Face Wash, OXY® Maximum Action Sensitive Advanced Face Wash, OXY® Maximum Action Spot Treatment and the OXY® Maximum Action Treatment Pads that are all designed to kills acne bacteria, soothe irritation, treat and leave the skin feeling refreshed for $6.99 or less.
3. Michael Todd True Organics: My favorite new product line is from Michael Todd True Organics and their acne line. As someone with sensitive skin, I am really impressed by the offerings from Michael Todd True Organics with some of my favorites being the Jojoba Charcoal Scrub, a gentle and effective face wash as well as the Blue Green Algae Toner, a formula that contains blue-green algae and organic kelp. This works to get deep down into the skin as it gets rid of toxins, promotes the renewal of the skin and helps the skin heal. They also have an incredible serum Knu Anti Aging Serum that works to treat acne, scarring, and Rosacea. I also love how it is 70% organic as it works to naturally restore the skin. This is because of the use of organic and amazing incidents like Tri-peptides Matrixl 3000 and Syn-coll, Epidermal Growth Factor, DMAE, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, Snail serum (a natural substance with clinically proven beneficial skin regeneration properties) and Arbutin, L-Arginine.
4. Smooth 8 Cleansing Water: One of our favorite new products to treat the skin from the inside out is Smooth 8, a revolutionary new alkalizing system, which stimulates weight loss, purifies water, boosts your energy, kills the acidity in any beverage, prevents acid reflux, and improves your skin. All you have to do is place a few drops in your water, coffee or juice and it works to neutralize the acids as it stimulates detoxification and weight loss while adding powerful antioxidants and restoring the bodys natural pH balance. Personally, I loved how this system has no added chemicals, synthetic additives or preservatives and how it works naturally to clear the skin. Daily care suggests between 10-20 drops per beverage, up to 60 drops per day for energy boost. Smooth 8 can be purchased at Smooth8.com for $19.95.
5. Dermagist: Another system that we love for scaring is from Dermagist with their Scar System for Acne-prone Skin. This system includes a cleaner and cream that is designed to treat the skin as it helps to smooth the skin and scars as it creates an even skin tone. We loved using this mild formula that treated and calmed the skin thanks to its potent combo of Collaxyl®, Rosa Mosqueta, Glycolic Acid, Acai Berry, Niacinamide, Asafetida and Resveratrol. It is also renowned for soothing discoloration, redness and bruising.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We received some samples.