Beauty doesn't have to be expensive, and baking soda is proving to be a contender in the beauty segment. A household name for more than 165 years, baking soda is a natural and inexpensive source that can be used to enhance your personal care routine by exfoliating your skin, getting rid of build-up and much more. Here are three easy DIY baking soda beauty hacks to try at home.
Best DIY Baking Soda Beauty Hacks
Here are some of the unexpected ways to look great for less:
- Facial Scrub and Body Exfoliant: For smooth, radiant skin, give yourself a gentle body scrub. Make a paste of three parts Arm & Hammer Baking Soda to one part water. Rub in a gentle circular motion to exfoliate skin and remove dead skin cells. Rinse with warm water to leave skin feeling nourished and refreshed.
- Cleansing Manicure: Dip nail brush into Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and scrub nails and cuticles. Make a paste of three parts Arm & Hammer Baking Soda to one part water. Rub in a gentle, circular motion over hands and fingers to exfoliate and smooth. Rinse clean with warm water, buff nails and apply polish, if desired.
- Natural Deodorant: Dust Arm & Hammer Baking Soda under your arms as needed to feel fresh all day. The magic of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda neutralizes acids and bases, which is how it deodorizes and removes odors instead of just covering them up.
21 Perfect Summer Cocktails
Summer is HERE! Cheers to that! We are embracing the relaxed atmosphere that Summer brings. Mamas, let down your hair and enjoy the little things in life, like cocktail umbrellas and margarita salt. To help get you in the mood for summer relaxation we've done some research and ...read more
Home Chef Pork Buying Basics
Nothing offers the smoker more versatility than the humble pig. Every cut off the pig is smoker friendly, and delivers a different delicious flavor to suit every taste. In his new book, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoking Foods, Chef Ted Reader breaks down the different cuts of ...read more
Ultimate Refreshing Summer Poolside Punch
Time for some fun in the sun ladies and I have just the adult beverage you need! Yes, I said NEED. This poolside rum punch is so delicious and easy to make it will is the perfect recipe to whip up for the long, sunny, pool days ahead. Related: Frozen prosecco ice cubes ...read more
WANT MORE BEAUTY MVP'S FROM MOMTRENDS?
We're constantly updating our beauty reviews to make it easier for moms to do self care and beauty at home.
- The best daytime moisturizers
- Best Hair Tools
- The best serums and face oils
- Best Hair Removers
- Simple Makeup Must Haves
- Beauty MVP's: Best Eye Creams
- Best Sunscreens
Use Pinterest to save your favorite beauty finds. Be sure to follow our Beauty board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were given some samples.