I love fabulous lash falsies, mega mascara, bombshell red lipsticks, and Kardashian-worthy contouring kits as much as the next Momtrends gal. But the reality is: most days of the week, I'm happy if I can slather a bit of BB cream on my face before hitting the drop-off line or heading to the office.
Suffice to say, I rarely have the time or energy to bother with extra makeup--and that's fine. My day-to-day lifestyle doesn't really call for much beyond the basics. But there's one thing I always strive for regardless of whether I'm all done up for a date night or totally toned down for my regular #momlife--and that's glowing skin! The gorgeous, supple, luminous, dewy complexion of my dreams.
I mean, is it too much to ask that my face always looks like a SnapChat filter?!
I've been testing out a few new and some tried-and-true primping products to get this deeply desired effect, and I've rounded up a few faves along with some learned tips and tricks (like drinking TONS of water). Because, if we could just look like Gwyneth, that'd be divine... I woke up like this. (No, really!)
Keeping your New Year's resolutions
The New Year is off to a fresh start, and many of us are committed to doing something or many things with more intention this year. But it's tough to stay on track. In fact, “Quitters Day”, which falls on January 14th this year, is the day when most people give up. How can you ...read more
Kids in the Kitchen: Mini Banana Waffle Pies With Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
School has started back for many (us included!), and today's Kid's in the Kitchen recipe makes for a perfect breakfast or after-school snack. We made ours for an after-school snack the other day and my second grader loved it. We call this recipe Mini Banana Waffle Pies With ...read more
The Best Overnight French Toast Recipe
We've hit the winter lull--that lengthy stretch of season with no plans, no parties, nothing to do, and nowhere to go. I have to admit that at first, I welcomed the quiet obligation-free weekends of January. After the nonstop hustle-bustle pace of November and December, my family ...read more
1. Glam Glow Thirsty Mud, $69: I have to admit I was first drawn to Glam Glow's collection of masks because of the shiny jars and catchy names, but I quickly learned the products are as good as the packaging. This super hydrating mask is loaded with fatty acids, antioxidants, hylauronic acid and brightening citric acid to lock in moisture and give you an instant (and long-lasting) youthful glow. Fun fact: you can also use it on other dry problem areas—like elbows, knees, feet and hands.
2. goop Perfecting Eye Cream, $90: I find most eye creams too rich for my oh-so sensitive under eye area. They make my delicate skin feel heavy and oily (and some products have left me with fatty deposits around the eye—yuck!). But this one, formulated with olive butter, sandalwood nut oil, and powerful peptides feels refreshing, and not too heavy. But, more importantly, I’ve seen a gradual under-eye transformation— less bags and lines and a plumper more rejuvenated me.
3. Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, $45: Infused with antioxidants and botanicals, this lightweight and buildable tinted moisturizer goes on sheer and gives a subtle no-makeup glow. It's my new everyday go to!
4. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch, $42: Part concealer, part highlighter, total miracle worker, this pricey product is favorite among high-end makeup artists—and with good reason. It works wonders on dark under eye circles, and brightens the complexion, while fighting dullness and signs of fatigue Well worth the sticker shock for such a small tube.
5. Olay Luminous Whip, $29.99: This brand new product is creating buzz in the industry, and I’m officially sold--especially since it's available at my local drug store and at an affordable price point. With a super light whipped texture and pore-minimizing super powers, it gives you that radiant after-glow without the accompanying shine.
6. Fresh Sugar Face Polish, $62: I love a good invigorating scrub; and this gentle facial exfoliator is made with brown sugar and strawberry seeds to brighten, hydrate and leave skin softer and smoother.
This is not a sponsored post. It contains affiliate links.