Back-to-school season also means that our children may have to deal with the inevitable - bullying. It can be subtle or obvious or it can be something your kids see from afar, but the bottom line is more than 30% of female students grades 6 -12 were bullied at school or cyberbullied during the 2009/2010 school year (report from U.S. Department of Justice).
The Secret Deodorant Mean Stinks Program wants to change that through a campaign whose mission is to help bring an end to girl-to-girl bullying by inspiring girls to 'gang up'? around acts of good. In addition to this mission, they also launched a special Mean Stinks Clinical Strength product where they will be donating $1* from the purchase of each Mean Stinks Clinical Strength sold toGirls on the Run® to fund their girl empowerment programming and help prevent mean behavior before it starts.
Secret Mean Stinks Clinical Strength is available now on the P&G E-store, and on shelves nationally September 2012:
- Secret Mean Stinks gives girls around the country a Clinical Strength product to help protect against the 'stink' caused by wetness and odor while providing a way to "stick-up" - against what really stinks - BEING MEAN
- Secret is encouraging girls around the country to take the Mean Stinks Pinky Swear, complete with blue pinky nails, in a show of peace & solidarity to keep mean out of their group of friends before heading back to school
You can also visit the new Secret MeanStinks Facebook experience to:
- Determine what role they play in ending mean behavior.
- Identify the different types of bullies.
- Take the drama-free pledge.
- Make the Mean Stinks pinky swear, and more!
Secret Mean Stinks Clinical Strength will be available in Fearlessly Fresh scent at select food & drug and mass retailers nationwide, 1.6 oz. for $7.99 - $9.99 MSRP. $1* of every Mean StinksClinical Strength sold will help fund Girls on the Run® girl empowerment programming to help prevent mean behavior before it starts. *Donations from purchases up to $150,000
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were given samples.