Are you ready for back-to-school? UrbanSitter, the online marketplace to find babysitters, recently surveyed nearly 500 families across the US to learn more about their back to school readiness, their after school childcare, their shopping habits and even when/what they pack their kids for lunch. Check out some of their key highlights to see what other parents feel about this time of year.
Some highlights include:
- 46% of parents are most stressed about getting kids back into the routine
- 29% of parents rely on an after school program for childcare, while another 20% still haven’t made their after school childcare arrangements
- 33% of parents rely on word of mouth to find their after school childcare
- 47% of parents spend $100-$250 on back to school clothes
- 63% of parents shop both online and in-store for back to school clothing, but 47% shop in-store only for school supplies
- Besides shopping, parents say their top most-dos before school starts include: adjusting bedtimes, getting haircuts and going to the dr/dentist
Momtrends was not paid for this post.