It's that special time of year when we're all buzzing around like busy little shopper bees. Am I right? Our holiday gift buying to do list might be a mile long, but there is one very important person you don't want to leave off it. Your childcare provider, be it a weekly babysitter or full-time nanny is the person you entrust with your precious babies, so you always want to make sure that they know just how much you appreciate them right? On that note, we decided to ask for some expert advice on holiday babysitter gifts and tipping guidelines.
We're thrilled to be able to share with you these great tips from Lindsay Thomason of The Nanny League! I certainly want to make my babysitter happy. Anyone who will participate in an endless amount of pretend tea parties deserves to be pampered in my book. Haha! As Lindsay says, you want "a nanny who feels appreciated and rejuvenated by your generosity and thoughtfulness!"
Let's start with gifts...For Lindsay, it's all about personalization. Some of her suggestions for personalized gifts that should put a smile on your sitter's face are:
* Photo Mug (easy to do at local drugstore)
* Locket (pop in pics of the kids)
* Handmade letters from the kids
* Adding in a gift card that's in line with your personalized gift of choice would be a nice touch too!
As far as tipping guidelines go, Lindsay recommends:
* Half month/full month’s pay (for sitters or part-time nannies typically 20% of whatever they make in a month)
* Spa gift certificate
* Something useful that adheres to the nanny’s interests (I.e: an expensive camera if she loves photography; a clad pan if she’s into cooking; or a Longchamp or Nena & Co tote for her to use as her “nanny bag.”
So, there you have it...the secret sauce to showing your babysitter or nanny how much you appreciate the way they care for your children!
And for more holiday gift ideas for everyone on your list, check out our holiday gift guide!
This is not a sponsored post.