September is National Baby Safety Month and Belly Armor is stepping forth to raise awareness on the potential risks of cell phone, tablet and computer radiation exposure during pregnancy and babys early months in life.
Radiation exposure has long been a consideration during pregnancy, this is why women are always asked before an x-ray "Is there a chance you could be pregnant?" Women are taking more and more precautions to protect themselves and their unborn or newly born children and there has been more evidence to support protecting oneself from radiation emitted from these devices.
Check out some tips on how to protect yourself for radiation everyday.
Easy Steps to Protect Yourself From Everyday Radiation:
- SHIELDING Shielding with a Belly Armor blanket, nursing cover or apparel during computer and tablet use is a safe and convenient way to reduce radiation exposure while you are using radiation emitting devices. It is also helping to reduce ambient radiation from cell phone towers and wireless networks. Reducing this exposure is especially important during times of high risk pregnancy, early childhood, and even while trying to conceive.
- AIRPLANE MODE Turning your device to airplane.
- DISTANCE Keep your cell phone, computer and other electronics from being in direct contact with your body. (Read the fine print that comes with your cell phone most manufacturers direct you to always keep 1/2 1-inch between yourself and your phone.) You can do this by:
- Using earphones and speaker phones (but be sure to keep the phone away from your pregnant belly as well)
- Dont place laptops or tablet computers directly on your body, especially your pregnant belly and if you must, then use a pillow between the device and your body.
- Dont carry your cell phone right next to your body carry it in your bag instead. If you dont have a bag and must put it in your pocket, face the front to your body so the radiation is directed away from you or turn it to airplane model
- Text instead of calling, but be sure to keep your phone away from your pregnant belly.
- Dont sleep with your phone under your pillow or close to you on the night stand
Momtrends was not paid for this post.