Elmer's glue (and their wide range of projects) are not just for kids. In fact they can be a way to add some fashionable accents to your shoes and bags thanks to the Elmer's Paint Markers. A fun craft for moms who want to add some fun designs to their shoes, we love this as a way to get crafty and have fun with fashion. Check out the tips below to create this fun look at home.
METALLIC SHIMMER SHOES and HANDBAG
Create expensive designer-looking accessories to coordinate with your dress!
DESIGNED BY: Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate TIME TO COMPLETE: 2 hours
APPROPRIATE FOR: Shoes, purse and other wearables
• Elmer's® Products, Inc.: Painters® Opaque Paint Markers, Metallic Shimmer™, Medium tip: Silver, Pearl Blue, Pearl Green, Pearl Red and Pearl Purple
• Women's black dress shoes
• Black clutch handbag
• Copy paper
Five Tips To For a Girl's First Leg Shave
Do you remember your first time shaving? Mine wasn’t pretty. I snuck my dad’s razor and shaved my legs dry. It wasn’t pretty. Get your daughter ready for this rite of passage with the right tools and a quick education. We've got five tips to help you navigate your daughter's ...read more
Why You Should Add Wild Blueberries to Your Diet
Do your New Year's goals involve healthier eating? Adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet? Or even adding tasty new recipes to your repertoire? We've got five reasons for you to add wild blueberries to your diet. Our friends from the Wild Blueberry Association have ...read more
Why Moms are Loving This Blueberry Couscous Salad
It's blueberry picking time. And while most blueberry recipes revolve around baked goods, we've got something different to share. First, a few sentences singing the praises of this lovely fruit. Blueberries are high in antioxidants, improve memory function and reduce the effects ...read more
1. Referring to photo, or find other flower drawing inspiration, use paper and pencil to practice drawing design with various loopy flowers, scrolls, leaves and filled-in designs. (Note: This helps to "warm up" your hand for smoother flowing lines and to practice various size motifs to fit on the shoe and handbag surfaces.)
2. Start embellishing flat surface of purse, then proceed to dimensional surface of shoes. Referring to photo, use Painters® Marker to draw three Pearl Red flowers, followed by three Pearl Purple, evenly balanced across painting area. Fill in open areas with leaves and then scrolls followed by small filled-in flowers. (Note: Be careful to avoid smearing wet paint by letting paint dry between colors.)
3. With first shoe, begin by painting a center flower motif on toe area. Then working out around shoe, add additional flowers, then leaves, scrolls and filled-in flowers. For second shoe, begin the same way with center flower motif and paint mirror image of design of first shoe.
4. For all wearables, let them dry 24 hours before wearing.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.