Elmer's glue (and their wide range of projects) are not just for kids. In fact they can be a way to add some fashionable accents to your shoes and bags thanks to the Elmer's Paint Markers. A fun craft for moms who want to add some fun designs to their shoes, we love this as a way to get crafty and have fun with fashion. Check out the tips below to create this fun look at home.
METALLIC SHIMMER SHOES and HANDBAG
Create expensive designer-looking accessories to coordinate with your dress!
DESIGNED BY: Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate TIME TO COMPLETE: 2 hours
APPROPRIATE FOR: Shoes, purse and other wearables
• Elmer's® Products, Inc.: Painters® Opaque Paint Markers, Metallic Shimmer™, Medium tip: Silver, Pearl Blue, Pearl Green, Pearl Red and Pearl Purple
• Women's black dress shoes
• Black clutch handbag
• Copy paper
Ski Moms Fun Podcast
The struggle is real, but the rewards are great. Welcome to the Ski Moms Fun Podcast for women who love the outdoors and do the hard work of getting families out into the snow to play. Listen to the Latest Podcast You can listen right on the blog or head to your favorite podcast ...read more
Great toy holiday gifts for kids of all ages
Welcome to our final gift guide! We are bringing you a Gift Guide chock full of toys for All ages, some classic, some making their debut--all of them in our top-ten! We love that you've been following along and shopping from each of our curated guides. We hope to help bring you ...read more
Giving Tuesday Shopping Loft for St. Jude
For Giving Tuesday, you can really make your shopping count. This year you can support St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital by gifting LOFT fashions. They have wonderful outfits and accessories for every woman on your list, PLUS it's a great time to gift yourself something ...read more
1. Referring to photo, or find other flower drawing inspiration, use paper and pencil to practice drawing design with various loopy flowers, scrolls, leaves and filled-in designs. (Note: This helps to "warm up" your hand for smoother flowing lines and to practice various size motifs to fit on the shoe and handbag surfaces.)
2. Start embellishing flat surface of purse, then proceed to dimensional surface of shoes. Referring to photo, use Painters® Marker to draw three Pearl Red flowers, followed by three Pearl Purple, evenly balanced across painting area. Fill in open areas with leaves and then scrolls followed by small filled-in flowers. (Note: Be careful to avoid smearing wet paint by letting paint dry between colors.)
3. With first shoe, begin by painting a center flower motif on toe area. Then working out around shoe, add additional flowers, then leaves, scrolls and filled-in flowers. For second shoe, begin the same way with center flower motif and paint mirror image of design of first shoe.
4. For all wearables, let them dry 24 hours before wearing.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.