The hustle and bustle of the holiday season may be behind us, but 2017 is bound to be a busy one with lots of trips, travel, and getaways on the docket. Who here has resolved to travel more in the New Year? No doubt, it’s a great goal and a dream worth pursuing. (Gimme all the road trips and sky miles!)
Thus far, I have a cruise booked in March and a few other little mini plans scattered throughout the year. But, I anticipate that, as the days, weeks, and months go by, my calendar will continue to fill up with family vacations, girlfriend getaways, business trips, wedding weekends, and more… And I wouldn’t have it any other way!
With this jet-set attitude in mind, I decided to ditch my mismatched hodge-podge baggage, and treat myself to a new luggage set—functional, fashionable, and durable suitcases that will hold up, do the job, and keep me looking polished and professional when I’m on the go in 2017 and beyond.
When I spotted this three-piece Calpak marble-print set ($365) I knew I needed to have it. (I mean, ALL the heart eyes for these sleek and chic pieces.) Better yet, they’re super practical. The expandable system includes a standard carry-on, 24-inch Pullman, and large 28” Pullman. They’re lightweight but durable with hard-shell bodies; and the eight 360-degree spinner wheels make getting around a breeze.
I’ve always thought of luggage as a luxury, but I’ve realized that a streamlined set can really simplify an otherwise harrowing travel experience. (No more schlepping five random and way-too-heavy overnight bags around the airport.)
I’ve rounded up six amazing solutions for smarter and simpler travel in 2017. Here’s hoping the New Year takes you on all sorts of adventures!
- Bugaboo Boxer System, $1,490: Launched in late 2016, this exciting, albeit pricey, build-able system combines modern design with clever engineering, resulting in easily maneuverable interlocking cases on wheels. Light-push steering (what else would you expect from the game-changing baby stroller company?!) and thoughtful extras—like an elastic strap for your coat—make this a truly unique and totally revolutionary luggage experience.
- CiPu Baby Diaper Bag, $159: This bag is made from a lightweight waterproof material meant to help reduce shoulder strain (hallelujah). Designed with 13 savvy compartments, there’s ample space for everything Mom needs—except the kitchen sink. (But, you know, that wasn’t helping with the aforementioned arm pain.)
- LeSportSac Global Weekender, $130: The only weekender you’ll ever need from a brand we love. This overnight bag is smart, stylish, and roomy to boot.
- Oxford Cabin Backpack, $30: This carry-on backpack functions as a suitcase, in shape, and size, with multiple compartments, allowing you to truly maximize your space. (Why should you have to pick one dress when you can fit two?)
- Travelon Wheeled Underseat Bag, $110: Measuring 14 x 18 x 9, this compact but surprisingly spacious carry-on, actually fits under your airplane seat.
- eBags Ultralight Packing Cubes, $70 : Staying organized while you travel has never been easier. Separate outfits, keep your kids’ things together, and put dirty shoes in their own compartment. (Got to love eBags for their amazing solutions and plethora of brands and options!)
This is not a sponsored post. It may contain affiliate links. All opinions are our own.