We are big fans of entertaining and bringing restaurant-style cooking to the home. One of our favorite cheese brands, Cabot shared some delicious recipes with us to make entertaining simple, delicious and, well, cheesy.
Grilled Summer Pizza
2 large vine-ripened tomatoes
1 pound homemade or store-bought pizza dough
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
8 ounces Cabot Mild Lactose-Free Cheddar, Sharp Cheddar, or Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated* (about 2 cups)
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1. Prepare medium-hot fire on one half of charcoal grill or preheat one side of gas grill to high, leaving other side unlit (if gas grill has only one burner, preheat to high and lower heat to cook second side.)
2. Remove core from tomatoes; cut in half crosswise and gently squeeze out as many seeds and juice as will come out easily. Cut into thin slices.
3. Divide pizza dough into 4 equal balls; on floured work surface, roll/stretch each ball out into approximate 6-inch circle. Bring dough and toppings to grill.
4. Place two dough circles on heated side of grill; when dough is puffed and browned on underside, about 2 minutes, turn over with tongs and cook until second side is lightly colored, about 1 minute longer.
5. Remove crusts from grill. Drizzle each with some of oil. Cover with half of tomato slices and season with salt and pepper. Top with half of cheese and scatter half of thyme leaves on top. Return to unheated side of grill (or reduce heat on one-burner gas grill to very low). Cover grill and cook pizzas until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Slide pizzas back over heat or increase heat if crust needs additional crisping on bottom.
6. Use tongs to slide pizzas onto serving plate or cutting board. Repeat with remaining dough circles and toppings.
Black Bean Veggie Burgers
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely diced fresh beets (optional; if omitting beets, increase cooked sweet potato to 1 cup)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup dry whole wheat breadcrumbs
1/4 cup King Arthur Whole Wheat Flour
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
7 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 3/4 cups), divided
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in medium skillet over medium heat; add onions and beets, if using, and saute until soft, about 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes longer; set aside.
2. In food processor, combine beans, breadcrumbs, flour, parsley, salt, pepper, thyme and coriander; pulse 5 to10 times until combined.
3. Transfer mixture to large bowl and add sweet potato, 1 cup of cheese, lemon juice and reserved onion/beet/garlic mixture. Mix by hand to combine, then shape into six burgers.
4. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-low to low heat. Cook burgers until browned on both sides and heated all the way to center, about 10 minutes. Top with each burger with about 2 tablespoons of remaining cheese. Serve on whole wheat buns, half whole wheat pitas or over salad greens, along with your favorite condiments.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.