Beauty products don’t have to be expensive. After many years of trial and error, I have discovered beauty staples from my local drugstore that stack up to the higher-priced competition. To help me scope out the latest beauty finds, I have been using Consmr, an innovative new app for that iPhone that makes it easy to pick better everyday products. Through this app you can look up and share reviews of everyday products such as health, grocery, beauty and baby products. Featured by USA Today, The New York Times, Forbes, Lifehacker and more, Consmr is a tool that puts the consumer in control through their quick and easy interface that connects users to reviews instantly.
How it work is so simple! All you have to do is point your iPhone at a barcode to pull up ratings, alternatives and to see if a product has been recalled. Consmr simplifies buying decisions made at the drugstore and supermarket. Plus, you can view the latest updates about products that includes nutrition info, Buy vs. Skip warnings, gluten free tagging, hair types (curly hair) and much more!
My Drugstore Beauty Essentials:
1. Oil of Olay 2-in-1 Daily Facial Cloths: I love these wipes to take off the grit and grim of the day (and the aforementioned makeup). They easily swipe on and leave my skin feeling refreshed and clean. They are also wonderful for travel since they are so portable.
2. Intuition Razors by Schick: My favorite razor by far. I love this all-in-one razor that first lathers and shaves in one simple step. I love that there is no idea for shaving cream and that it works effectively to remove hairs.
3. TOM’S Toothpaste: There is nothing more stylish than having a bright smile and I love sticking with natural toothpastes from TOM’S. The beauty of this toothpaste is that it has no artificial colors or flavors and it is sourced with plant-based ingredients.
4. Garnier Products: I’m a big fan of this line for all of my haircare needs. I specifically love their shampoos that have a mild scent and clean without leaving my hair feeling heavy. Their leave-in-conditioner is also amazing to smooth and tame flyaways.
5. Maybelline BB Cream: BB Creams are all the rage, and I love this formula that is packed with 8 benefits to the skin. I love how this all-in-one cream can blur imperfections, brighten, even skin tone, hydrate, protect – while not being heavy.
6. Revlon’??s Super Lustrous Lipstick: We all need a need a color and I love the formula from Revlon that is both smooth and creamy. The best is that it is around $5 and stacks up to high-priced lipsticks.
Win it! We are giving away every single one of these beauty products to one lucky reader (valued at $85)! To enter, simply tell me what your favorite drugstore beauty essential is in the comments section.
FOR EXTRA ENTRIES (4 EXTRA ENTRIES FOR A TOTAL OF 5):
1. LIKE MOMTRENDS AND CONSMR ON FACEBOOK.
2. FOLLOW @MOMTRENDS AND @CONSMR ON TWITTER.
3. TWEET THIS MESSAGE ‘??WIN A BEAUTY BUNDLE FROM @CONSMR ON @MOMTRENDS #BEAUTY #GIVEAWAY http://bit.ly/YLxYJF’?
4. DOWNLOAD THE FREE APP AND TELL ME THAT YOU DID SO IN THE COMMENTS SECTION
Full Disclosure: Winner must be 18 years or older and a US Resident. No purchase necessary. Winners will be notified via email with the specifics on how to claim their prize. Contest ends 12/21/12 at Midnight EST. Winners will be picked by random.org. By entering this contest, you will automatically be signing up for the Momtrends newsletter. This a sponsored post.