With the holiday party season in full effect we are excited to share some tips to make this time a little easier. A few days ago celebrity event planner and mother of four, Elvira Grau shared some incredible tips for hosting a holiday party.
As an entrepreneur who built her business from scratch, Elvira proves that women really can have it all, and is a firm believer that hard work can lead to the “American Dream.” She founded Space Odyssey USA in 2005 when she discovered an empty, 26,000 square foot warehouse and envisioned a one-of-a-kind, entertainment and private events space.
As a successful business women and mom we are excited to share some of her tips to make entertaining easy and fun for the holidays.
Holiday Entertaining Tips
1. Crafting the perfect holiday table scape is all about utilizing each of the holiday’s signature colors. For Thanksgiving, focus on reds, browns, and oranges to make your table pop with the colors of the fall.
2. For beautiful, quick and cost effective holiday centerpieces, it’s all about using the natural elements you can find in your backyard. Fill your favorite glass vases with pine cones, acorns, cranberries, or tall tree branches to create the perfect holiday centerpieces that won’t break the bank.
3. When creating your table, it’s always good to have a variety of different glass vases. Having a medium size square, a tall round cylinder, and a round shallow bowl around the house will make holiday decorating a cinch.
4. If you are entertaining a large group of guests for the holiday season using mini pumpkins, paper snowflakes, or Christmas ornaments to create personalized seating assignments adds a festive touch that your guests will love.
5. Set the mood by using fun colored candles to showcase each holiday. For New Years Eve, create a glamorous set-up with sparkling silvers and golds. For a more unique lighting scheme use a small round vase and floating candles for a spectacular and simple presentation.
6. When it comes to the food and cocktails for the holiday season, incorporate seasonal produce. Make quick, easy and festive cranberry vodka cocktails. For the kids, warm apple cider is just the ticket.
Momtrends was not paid for this post