As a parent, there is one item of kid gear that I commit the most time researching; the car seat. Every time I search for a new one, Britax always comes out on top. We now have the Britax Advocate 70-G3 for little Bee and couldn’t be happier with how comfortable it is for her, and most importantly how well protected she is in it.
The first thing we noticed about this car seat is how it enveloped our little girl. We loved how she seemed to be cupped by the car seat, fully protected on three sides. The Britax Advocate 70-G3 offers the maximum protection in case of an accident. It has a special cushion that reduces the amount your child’s head can move side to side in the event of a forceful impact. Plus, it boasts an extra cushion on the exterior of the car seat, again to absorb impact and provide ultimate protection to your child’s head, neck and spine. The five-point harness (once we got accustomed to the new way to adjust it!) keeps her securely in her seat. The Advocate 70-G3 was easy to install as we just clicked it into the anchors using the LATCH system and pulled the strap tightly and we were done. We tucked the instruction manual behind her seat for safe keeping and in the event we need to adjust her seat, or reinstall it.
We also love that the seat can hold up to 70 LBS, which means although the Britax Advocate 70-G3 Care Seat has a big price tag, we will be getting a lot of mileage out of it. Did I mention that when she falls asleep in the car, I don’t have to worry that her head and neck are slumped over? This gives me such an added peace of mind.
Please find a comprehensive, detailed list of features below, including a quick reference chart to ensure the Britax Advocate 70-G3 is right for your child:
|Weight (lbs)||Height (in)||Seated Shoulder Height (in)|
|Rear Facing:||5 – 40||49 or less||9 – 16.75|
|Forward Facing:||1 year & 20, up to 70||12 – 16.75|
- True Side Impact Protection is deep side walls with energy-absorbing EPP foam along with a head restraint which offers a double layer of EPP foam to distribute crash forces, shield from vehicle intrusion, and contain the head, neck and body while keeping them ‘??in true’? or aligned
- Base with SafeCell Technology features SafeCells designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether features a staged-release tether webbing to slow the forward movement, reducing the crash forces reaching the child, and a two-point attachment to minimize forward rotation while anchoring the top of the child seat
- Side Impact Cushion Technology features energy-absorbing cushions on the exterior of the child seat to reduce side impact crash energy by 45% by diverting crash forces away from your child and providing extra protection for the adjacent passenger
- Click & Safe® Snug Harness Indicator is an audible aid that provides extra assurance when the harness is within range of appropriate snugness
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
- 70-pound Weight Capacity for safety and comfort as your child grows
- Rear and Forward Facing Recline for child comfort and positioning
- High Density Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to gently cushion your child
- Plush, Easy-Remove Cover with matching comfort pads and infant body pillow to provide extra comfort and easy cleaning without disassembling or uninstalling the child seat
- Two Buckle Positions for your growing child
- Infant Positioning Insert may be necessary for small infants to achieve a snug fit of the harness around your child (sold separately)
- Quick-Adjust, No-Rethread Harness repositions the harness shoulder height without disassembling the harness straps
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors for a quick and simple installation featuring a push button for easy release
- Built-in Lock-Offs ensure a snug lap and shoulder belt installation with minimal effort
- Anti-Slip, Contoured Base grips and protects the vehicle seat while offering optimum vehicle fit
- Harness Holders keep harness straps pulled to the sides when placing your child in the car seat
- Certified for Aircraft Travel
- Made in the USA with global components
- MSRP (USD) $379.99
Michelle is a SAHM and self-described ‘??green’? fashionista. She is a NYC woman, turned burbs mama, raising her 2 B’??s in an eco conscious manner. She blogs about natural parenting and green living at www.everythingsabuzz.com. Find her on twitter @queentob. Have a fashion question? Look for the new Syncing Your Style section on the Momtrends facebook page or tweet us your fashion questions at @momtrends!
Momtrends was not compensated for this post. We did receive a Britax Advocate 70-G3 Care Seat to review.