Former ‘Project Runway‘ HP and Intel challenge winner, Mondo Guerra, has designed an exclusive pattern and accessory line of laptop bags for HP’s lineup of new Ultrabooks inspired by Intel processors. The collection including the HP Vertical Messenger and HP Caryall is now available for purchase on www.hpshopping.com.
To help launch the collection, HP and Intel in conjunction with Guerra is hosting a ‘HP Ultrabook Bag’ contest. The contest provides an opportunity for motivated designers to follow in Guerra’s footsteps by submitting a unique and creative handbag design for a chance to win $10,000 and an HP Ultrabook to further their design careers. To view more about Guerra’s HP accessories, the ‘HP Ultrabook Bag’ contest and for exclusive behind the scene footage from Project Runway, visit www.hp.com/projectrunway.
Project Runway fans have seen HP technology enable designers to fuse fashion and technology together from creating custom textiles to producing their own runway videos. This year, HP in partnership with Design Milk, kicked off the Designer Matchup Challenge to bring the excitement and creativity of the ‘Project Runway’ challenges to the blogging and designer communities.
The challenge pairs designers with bloggers and tasks them with creating a uniquely designed item using HP TouchSmarts, the same PCs featured on ‘Project Runway.’ The final products will be produced and displayed during New York Fashion Week!
The incredible list of bloggers and designers participating in this challenge include:
- Jaime Derringer of Design Milk and her designer and former Project Runway contestant, Mila Hermanovski
- Jeanine Hays of AphroChic and her designer and host of HGTV Secrets of a Stylist, Emily Henderson
- Capree Kimball of Curbly and her designers, Tom Morbitzer and Goil Amornvivat of TUG Studio
- Kelly Beall of Design Crush and her designer, Sarah Fox of Cursive Design
- Megan Reardon of Not Martha and her designers, Seth Grizzle, Jon Junker and Alan Marrero of Graypants