While we loved everyone’s look from the inspiring Fashion Forward Conference (check out our full recap here and here), one look that kept the crowd buzzing with Brooke’s (Power Moms Media) stellar polka dot jeans.
Designed by Clorox, the look is a simple and fun way to enhance your jeans or transform an old pair into a fabulous new look! Guests at the conference were instructions on how to rock this trendy fashion statement, and in case you missed it here are the DIY tips to create a fashionable new look this fall.
DIY: Polka Dot Jeans
1. Line the inside of the jeans with plastic (such as a cut open plastic shopping bag) to protect the gel from bleeding through from one side to the other.
2. Shake the Clorox® Bleach Pen® Gel with the cap on.
3. Begin applying the gel: using the fine point tip, gently squeeze out a 1/4 inch dot.
4. Continue applying gel dots in a polka dot pattern, working in one direction (such as waist to hem) with the dots you have already applied always away from you.
5. Allow the dots to sit for 2 hours.
6. Keeping the jeans flat on the counter/work surface, gently remove the plastic liners from inside the pant legs.
7. Pour 3% hydrogen peroxide directly onto each of the dots, allowing it to soak into the fabric. This stops the bleaching action, and prevents any gel from lightening other parts of the blue jeans during rinsing.
8. When all the dots have hydrogen peroxide on them, slide them into the sink a little at a time, scraping and rinsing away the gel dots as you go with warm water.
9. Squeeze the pants dry using old towels.
10. Air dry the jeans completely before repeating the treatment on the other side of the jeans.
11. After rinsing the second round of gel polka dots, run the jeans through a gentle cycle using cool water and a little detergent.
Disclosure: Clorox was one of our wonderful sponsors of the
Fashion Forward Event.
Images from event courtesy of Bellamy Blue Photography.