CondÃ© Nast, home to some of the world’??s most celebrated media brands, recently the launch of its first iOS casual game, Fashion Hazard for teen girls and young women. A unique twist on the endless runner genre, combining engaging role-play and storytelling, the game challenges players to go up against the clock and face new and established beauties to conquer the catwalks of the world’??s fashion capitals: New York, London, Paris and Milan. Players must swipe, tilt and tap their way to the top of the industry. The big question: Will they stay in time, stay in line and stay in season, or end up a Fashion Hazard?
In Fashion Hazard, players begin as model Ellie Redburn, a Kansas-bred novice in the world of high fashion and at the bottom of Fashion Week’??s totem pole. Ellie begins in New York City. Her goal: to make a runway round-trip before the clock runs out, without tripping, losing her balance or taking the ultimate spill. Ellie advances by earning achievements, dodging flying objects, fending off photographers or trading her bling for special powers from the boutique. But once she’??s made it through New York, it’??s off to Europe and three more cities, where the game gets harder and the stakes get higher. Once successful, players become a new model and the next level begins.
‘??Fashion Hazard mixes challenging game play, a sassy design and imaginative storytelling,’? said Juliana Stock, senior director business and product development at iPG. ‘??We think girls will really enjoy the combination of fashion and action. It’??s a unique blend for this demo and a niche we feel has a lot of potential.’?
Fashion Hazard features include:
- 3-D graphics and animation with simple tilt, acceleration, touch and swipe gesturing for anytime play.
- Ability to unlock up to six characters, playable in all four cities with signature story vignettes and sounds.
- Illustrations of model backstories as well as snippets that can be unlocked about their life, romantic struggles and professional intrigue.
- Special powers such as immortality, coin magnet and more.
- Compete & Share: Compete with other players using Game Center leaderboards and compare achievements. Players also have the option to share their success with family and friends on Facebook and Twitter.
- The Boutique: offers players the opportunity to purchase additional model packs, bling bundles to add more to their game bank and Fashion Hazard’??themed digital goods, like wallpapers and ringtones.
- Sound track override: Players can use songs from their iTunes library as the catwalk’??s background music.
In a unique marketing venture, CondÃ© Nast and Frenzoo have teamed up to integrate crossover gameplay between Fashion Hazard and Frenzoo’??s runaway hit, Style Me Girl, from the Me Girl series. Players of each game will be given challenges, or have to earn achievements, based on the other game’??s structure. For example, Style Me Girl will invite players to dress their avatars for a Fashion Hazard runway show in New York City or a fashion week after party with a Fashion Hazard intern. In addition to earning Style Me Girl Achievements, Fashion Hazard players will have access to special Style Me Girl wallpapers. Additional support for the collaboration will include in and out of app promotional placements, social media and a sweepstakes to launch later this month.
For more information, please visit: http://www.fashionhazard.com/
Fashion Hazard is available now on the Apple App store for 99 cents.
Momtrends was not paid for this post