Back-to-school season is upon us and this year we are stocking up at Staples,the home office supply store where you can locate everything from binders to computers and everything in between. On a recent tour of the facility I had a chance to learn about the top trends and some their cool deals for students, including their Back-to-School Savings Pass where customers can save 15 percent through the season by buying a $10 card (not applicable on technology such as computers and calculators) or their cool computer program that gives students a $100 Prepaid VISA Card with the purchase of a laptop. All you need to do is show your valid student ID or acceptance letter.
With all of the must-have’s on our back to school list, it was also fun to see how Staples is connecting to the trends offering students (and offices) an alternative to the bland supplies with new offerings like LED chandeliers for lockers, zebra-printed staplers, an apple-shaped tape dispenser, or some innovative products from Martha Stewart to keep everything looking clean and organized!
Offers an amazing assortment of designs and essentials throughout the season, you will easily find everything to fit every students’ needs from kindergarten through college.
Here are some of the top back-to-school trends this season! Happy shopping.
- Sweet, Sci-Fi, Sandy and Serene - Staples leads the way with the latest trends for the back-to-school season. Third-party research from Sphere Trending’¢ resulted in four distinct pattern themes featured on products ranging from exclusive patterned Staples BETTER® Binders to mix and match notebooks, pencil pouches and other basics. Themes include Sugar Rush with vibrant candy-colored hues, Graphic Fantastic showcasing a return to 80′s sci-fi, Nantucket featuring breezy, floral patterns and Nomadic designs with earthy, tribal prints.
- Launch into Windows 8 – Get a head-start with the exclusive Staples Worry-Free PC Promise – a $100 value – that allows customers to purchase any new computer and receive free online training, free phone support and a $15 Visa prepaid card when they update to Windows 8. Consumers who buy qualifying Windows 7-based PCs will get Windows 8 Pro for $14.99. These offers together allow customers to buy a new computer knowing they can update to Windows 8, and Staples will cover the cost of the update as well as offer training and address questions. For more details on the Staples Worry-Free PC Promise visit www.Staples.com/Windows8offer.
- Food for Thought ‘ Satisfy a hunger for knowledge with exclusive novelty-shaped apple and cupcake Staples® Tape Dispensers ($7.00). Note-taking is both sweet and savory with the Staples® Sweets Die Cut Memo Books ($1.00) including colorful fruit and cupcake shapes, or indulge in grilled cheese and PB &J with Staples® Lunch Box Adhesive Notes ($2.00).
- Love Your Locker ‘ Stand out in style with this season’s hottest locker accessories. Shine instant glitz and much needed light with the Locker Chandelier ($16.99) that illuminates with seven LED lights. Decorate from top to bottom with Magnetic Locker Wallpaper (3 pack sheets/$8.99) in fun and fashionable patterns or go retro with brightly colored Shag Rugs ($5.99)
- A New Dimension ‘ Make a statement with products that pop, featuring 3D graphics exclusive to Staples. From the eye-catching Staples® 3D Poly Portfolios ($1.99) to Staples® 3D Notebooks ($3.00), these new twists on the basics add new depth to the classroom and are available in assorted designs.
- Let Your Wild Side Shine ‘ Go on a school safari with zebra and leopard print tools exclusive to Staples, including the bold Staples® Compact Stapler ($5.00) that can attack up to 15 sheets of paper at a time. Keep notes organized with the sleek, lightweight Sustainable Earth by Staples’¢ Clipboard ($2.00) and Staples® Square Magnetic Clips ($2.00).
- Play Ball! ‘ It’s recess all day with these exclusive cool tools. Staples® Mini Sports Ball Staplers ($3.00) let students kick or shoot their sheets together with compact designs in various ball shapes. While Staples® Dugmore’¢ Sports Chairs ($39.99) bring students’ favorite sports to their desk. For active students, the high-performance Reebok Z Series Backpack ($64.99- $48.74) handles sports gear, textbooks, tech toys, school supplies and more.
- Fun, Fictional Flash Drives ‘ From Homer and Bart to the Griffin family to Angry Birds, students can transport files with all their favorite characters with Sandisk Simpsons 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive ($14.99), EMTEC Angry Birds 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive ($14.99) and Sandisk Family Guy 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive ($14.99), all exclusive to Staples. Or take your files into the fast lane with Autodrive 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drives ($17.99) that feature Lamborghini, Mini Cooper and Aston Martin designs.
- Colorful Collectors ‘ Get organized in style with functional and fashionable exclusive designs such as Staples® 2-Piece Mesh Zip Organizer ($3.99), the perfect way to carry forms, coupons and reports or Staples® Printed Poly Zip Check Envelope ($1.99) with ultra-cool printed designs. Students can transport them all together with the easy-to-carry and fold Staples® Mini Poly Tote ($1.00).
- Don’t Forget Mom! ‘The exclusive Martha Stewart Home Office’¢ with Avery’¢ product line at Staples helps moms stay organized in style. Avoid dinnertime dilemmas and plan school lunches with the Martha Stewart Home Office’¢ with Avery’¢ weekly planner ($4.99 and up) ‘ an adhesive dry erase weekly planner for the fridge. Organize with Martha Stewart Home Office’¢ with Avery’¢ color coding files and labels ($2.99 and up) or coordinate schedules and appointments with Martha Stewart Home Office’¢ with Avery’¢ planning binders and accessories ($2.99 and up).
Staples also recently partnered with DoSomething.org and with teen actress and recording artist Bella Thorne, for the 5th annual Staples for Students national school supply drive, to help kids in need. Bella will lend her impactful voice to spread the word for this initiative through the campaign’s public service announcement (PSA) now available online and Staples will Staples will donate $125,000 worth of school supplies to the program this year.
In addition, Staples customers can get involved by donating $1 or more at any Staples store, with 100 percent of the proceeds benefiting local students in need. Through the drive teens are encourages to collect school supplies and drop them off at their nearest Staples store through September 15. All of the donations will go to local organizations in your area, so visit your local Staples to pass along items to students that need them.
Visit the Staples Back-to-School Center starting for more information.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We received some samples and a gift card at this event.