I am a big fan of outdoor play with my kids. Whether it’s snowing or rainy, we are outside – if only for a few minutes – to explore, play or even run errands. With spring not too far away I have been getting excited for longer days in the sun where we stay out and play in our playgrounds or take trips to local zoos and community gardens.
Polarn O. Pyret, the Swedish children’s clothing store, also believes in outdoor play and is encouraging parents to get outside – no matter what the temperature is outside.
Here are some ideas for simple and free outdoor play:
1. Go on a hunt. Talk a walk with your child and search for anything from rocks to cool leaves to flowers. Gather them in a small bucket to talk about at home or use for an art project.
2. Chalk drawings. Grab some chalk and have your kids create their masterpieces outside!
3. Scooting fun. Scooters are a great way for your kids to get their exercise while also exploring their surroundings in a different way.
4. Throw a ball. Simply throwing a ball around can enlist hours of fun.
5. Plant some seeds. Plant seeds in a pot or your outdoor garden for some outdoor fun and exercise. Teach your kids about the seeds and plants as they help you dig and water.
How do you have fun outside?
For more information, please visit: http://www.polarnopyretusa.com/
Momtrends was not paid for this post.