One of the things best things about fall, in my opinion anyhow, is the plethora of pumpkin goodies available. Who doesn’t count down the days until a certain coffee shop produces their pumpkin spiced coffee again? Pumpkin breads, cakes, and muffins abound, and the flavor seems just perfect for fall.
I couldn’t wait any longer, so had to make a batch of these pumpkin spice cupcakes a few weeks ago. They are a favorite of both my kids, easy to make since they start with a basic mix, and taste wonderful with cream cheese icing. We tried something different this past time, using whipped cream as a topper, instead of the cream cheese icing. Just make sure not to pre-ice with whipped cream, add it just before serving.
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup water
1 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
2 tsp cinnamon (maybe a little more if you like the flavor)
1/2 cup sugar
1.Mix together the dry ingredients.
2. Using a hand mixer, beat in the oil, water & eggs.
3. Add pumpkin puree and beat until smooth.
4. Spoon into a greased muffin tin or muffin papers, about 2/3 full.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes, until set.
6. Cool, ice with preferred topping and enjoy!
Do you have a great recipe or food post to share this week? Link up below!